Android Question DJI : how to set the flight mode to SPORT?

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm playing with the DJI library and I must say it is a nice piece of software: thanks Erel !
I successfully developped a simple apk based upon the example. It displays the current drawn by the drone.
Screenshot_20210217-215953_Video Player.jpg

I get a Spark and a mavic mini. With the Spark it is easy to switch to sport mode as there is a dedicated switch on the RC. But for the mini, this has to be done by software. Hence my question, we can read the flight mode from the controller.CurrentState but I do not succeed setting it to a value...
Is there a way to set the flight mode to Sport/cinematic ?

aeropic

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did some searching and it seems like there is no public API that changes the flight mode.
Thanks Erel,
I agree I have not found neither but that's weird since for example Litchi allows modding the mode from the GUI...

I found only that :

Indeed on the Mavic mini we get the possibility to switch between the first modes P/S and the last one T (named C on the GUI.)
pressing the GUI button alternatively switches C/P/S and sets the mode.
Maybe there is a way to set the flightControllerKey ?

And what is also interesting is the fact this mode once set from DJI Fly app is permanent. I mean I can set the Sport mode from DJI Fly, close DJI fly, open my B4A application and the mode is read as GPS-SPORT.

@EXClassNullAway
enum RemoteControllerFlightMode

Package:dji.common.flightcontroller
SDK Key:FlightControllerKey.CURRENT_MODE
Description:

Flight modes that map to the flight mode switch on the remote controller.

Enum Members:

PPositioning mode. GNSS and Vision Positioning Systems are used for positioning if they are available. For products without F mode, intelligent functions such as missions and intelligent orientation control can be performed in P-mode.
SSport mode. The maximum flight speed and responsiveness of the aircraft is increased in this mode.
AAttitude mode. The GNSS and Vision Positioning Systems are not used for positioning. The aircraft only uses the barometer to maintain altitude. If receiving a GNSS signal, the aircraft can automatically return home if the Remote Controller signal is lost and if the Home Point has been recorded successfully.
GGentle mode. The sensitivity and speed of aircraft will be substantially decreased in gentle mode.
MManual mode. The aircraft will not stabilize its altitude nor attitude in manual mode. This mode is for advanced pilots only, and should only be used when the pilot understands the risk of operating in this mode. Any damage to the product when operating in this mode will not be covered under warranty. It is supported by stand-alone A3 and N3 and can be enabled in Assistant 2.
FFunction mode. Performs the same as Positioning mode with intelligent functions such as missions and intelligent orientation control enabled.
TTripod Mode. This mode drops the aircraft's maximum speed and significantly reduces the control stick sensitivity of the remote controller to give the user the precision needed for accurate framing. It is only supported by Mavic 2.

Upvote 0