Bug? Doclet and last ADT version

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I use a recent version of the Android Development Toolkit (23.0.0.1245622) in Eclipse and I'm unable to produce a valid XML file with the two versions of Doclet I have (one from 2012 and the other from 2013). Either the file is not usable (I don't remember the exact error msg when you load the lib in the B4A IDE but it is something like "a class already exists"), or it contains all protected methods and fields. On another computer with the previous version of ADT, I have no issue.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you using @Hide to hide any unexposed class from the XML (or use -b4aignore)?
I use Hide only for public methods, but the problem is not with these methods, but with the protected ones. I don't know if they are hidden if I put @Hide before them (I cannot test for now because the other computer is at my office), but that couldn't be a solution (e.g. for libGDX, we speak of hundreds of cases).
I keep my obsolete version of ADT for now because it's the only way I found to get a valid XML but I receive a lot of warnings when I generate the XML file because the ADT is not up-to-date:
screenshot.png

Until Google published the new ADT, I had no issues on my two computers.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This does not solve my problem with the new ADT. This problem does not seem to be related to the JRE because I tried with both versions (6 and 7). No difference. And I didn't set any custom setting in the Javadoc settings of Eclipse. The new ADT obviously introduced a change that affects your Doclet. Before upgrading it, everything worked as expected.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This does not solve my problem with the new ADT. This problem does not seem to be related to the JRE because I tried with both versions (6 and 7). No difference. And I didn't set any custom setting in the Javadoc settings of Eclipse. The new ADT obviously introduced a change that affects your Doclet. Before upgrading it, everything worked as expected.
Oh I found where's the problem ! I probably clicked by mistake on Protected in the Generate Javadoc screen. Sorry. :oops: