B4J Question Does the B4XTurtle library support individual objects?

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I just noticed for the first time, that B4XTurtle was one of our Project types.

When we draw a shape with it, can be the shape be managed as an individual object? In other words, can we programmatically change the position or size or color of the shape?

What about linking objects? Can we draw directional arrows between the objects, which themselves can be manipulated?

The purpose I'm thinking about is for drawing either flow charts or concept maps. The tools that I use for argument & concept maps always take more time than expected, and I've been searching for an easy language to manipulate the concepts and their child concepts more conveniently. There's GraphWiz and the Dot Language, but I haven't mastered the language yet.

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, thanks Erel. I've been building argument maps for several years, I badly need a faster way to do it.

Regards,

Upvote 0

B4JExplorer

Licensed User
Longtime User
May be this will give you some ideas. The code is succinct and clear and can be changed any way you need.

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-network-of-nodes-connected-by-arrows.143069/
You're right, that does look like a good start. I'll take a look at the project, thanks.

Attached are 2 samples of the types of Argument Maps I've been doing for the last several years.

I'm just looking for a way to generate these faster, in order to represent longer essays and articles.

Attachments

• Working_Remotely.jpg
    Working_Remotely.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 62
  • Amber_Banned_from_Movie_ReducedInSize.jpg
    Amber_Banned_from_Movie_ReducedInSize.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0