Android Question DownLoad Image from SQL Server

Stephenz43

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a image in each record of a table in a SQL Server. I need to download the image based on the simple sql select statement :

HttpUtils.PostString("Job1", ServerUrl, "Select picImage from tblImages where picDate = 'TEST'")

I am however having trouble loading the image into a Imageview. Ant help would be appreciated
Steve

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Select picImage from tblImages where picDate = 'TEST'" < is this query correct?
should it be where picDate = '10/07/2014'

Make sure your query works In sql server management studio first then try again

Upvote 0

Stephenz43

Licensed User
Longtime User
The query works well in sql Server. The problem is specific to the binary field I am trying to pull from the sql Server to the android device. The select Statement "HttpUtils.PostString("Job1", ServerUrl, "Select somefield from tblImages where picDate = '" & oDate & "'")" works well on all fields except the binary. Should I be using DBRequestManager instead of HttpUtils ?

To simplify, I just want to use a sql select statement to populate a listview or scrollview

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephenz43

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got that. I am using RDC now. All the uploading of blod fields work great. I just figure out the downloading. Is there a example that can be pointed to?

Upvote 0