B4J Question Drawing lines, circles, and rectangles as views in the internal designer

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by VB6Back, Apr 27, 2019.

1. VB6Back

VB6Back Member

Hello All,

Let me first state that I first came across B4J many years ago when I was trying to find an easy way of migrating VB6 code. At that time I wasn't really sure how the product would evolve and didn't take the risk of using it for commercial applications.

Looking at it now, I was very impressed by the way it has evolved and the committed support provided by the community and followup responses from Eric.

Now to the problem I am faced with. I had developed an application using scene builder layouts that I am trying to rebuild using the internal designer. In the scene builder layouts I use lines, circles, and rectangles drawn by dragging and dropping them in the layout.

In the internal designer, I do not see such entities under the add view menu. I know I can do this by code but that would be tedious.

Is there a way of adding such entities to the views defined within the internal designer?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

No. The internal designer doesn't support it. It is however quite simple to make drawings with Canvas or better with B4XCanvas.

3. VB6Back

VB6Back Member

Thanks Erel.

4. MarkusR

MarkusR Well-Known Member Licensed User

you can make an customview(usercontrol), but then you not have a preview image in the designer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice