B4R Question EEPROM ESP8266 ESP12-F

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

I bought this chip :

Geekcreit® Mini NodeMCU ESP8266 WIFI Development Board Based On ESP-12F Module Board For Arduino from Electronics on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/5AsHG1QzSZ

and I cannot understand if the 4M flash memory is just for the sketch or it is also an EEPROM for writing. If it is how can I write to it? If it is not how can I connect this to an EEPROM? I searched in YouTube for examples and it says that it needs an SCL & SDA pins which this board does not have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Derez. I did not know if it was compatible with ESP8266. I 'll try that a.s.a.p. (that is when I solder the pins to the board :)).

Upvote 0

embedded

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

I bought this chip :

Geekcreit® Mini NodeMCU ESP8266 WIFI Development Board Based On ESP-12F Module Board For Arduino from Electronics on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/5AsHG1QzSZ

and I cannot understand if the 4M flash memory is just for the sketch or it is also an EEPROM for writing. If it is how can I write to it? If it is not how can I connect this to an EEPROM? I searched in YouTube for examples and it says that it needs an SCL & SDA pins which this board does not have.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
EEPROM is inbuilt in ESP8266-12F. No external Connection Required.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Embedded. I have been searching the net about that and I wanted to know if someone knows firstly (f.e. in this board) is flush and EEPROM two different sections in the board or does it use a part of the flush also as EEPROM. Secondly if this is the case how does the program know where the sketch ends in order to start writing?

Upvote 0

embedded

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Embedded. I have been searching the net about that and I wanted to know if someone knows firstly (f.e. in this board) is flush and EEPROM two different sections in the board or does it use a part of the flush also as EEPROM. Secondly if this is the case how does the program know where the sketch ends in order to start writing?
Generally EEPROM Memory Write is done during program execution.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Embedded, your answer is not clear enough... Are you saying that it is the same section and it just calculates the length of the sketch and it writes after the sketch or that it writes to a different section during sketch execution?

Upvote 0

embedded

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes...EEPROM Memory is a part of flash memory...It is Just Given a Name of EEPROM Memory...Seperate commannds are allotted to write this memory during execution..of program.
There is also called SPIFF Memory...which can be write during program execution..but procedure is differnet. I thank the basic difference is that...Generally EEPROM deal with fews bytes...where as SPIFF Can deal with large amount of bytes. My Understanding.

Upvote 0