Android Question Emulator never fully boots SDK 28 (PIE)

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using SDK Manager 3.34 and downloaded SDK 28 and google_apis_playstore/x86_64.

I created a 6" AVD and then "Start"ed it.

The colored circles move around the screen, then a colorful "G" appears with a animated progress bar under the G and then.......nothing - it just keeps animating the progress bar and never fully boots up.

I tried the power off/home - still NG.

I tried deleting and recreating the AVD, still same.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Android Emulator - 6in_Phone_Platform_28_google_apis_playstore_5554-2019-08-19 09_33_27.png

Last edited:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Using the "Default" image:

B4A AVDManager-2019-08-19 10_45_31.png

It also will just sit there forever with the word "Android" displayed and a black shadow animated waving through it from left to right:

Android Emulator - 6in_Phone_Platform_28_default_5554-2019-08-19 10_45_04.png

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Curious, I am trying to create just X86 (not X86_64) images of SDK 28, but the SDK manager wont let me with your warning.

In looking on the net, I couldn't find anything that says the SDK28 needs to be _64 image - just curious, where did you see this requirement?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's so messed up that they offer a SDK28/x86 version for download, even though it will never work.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess I will have to uninstall the SDK's and reinstall them to see if I can get the v28 working.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have any good suggestion other than to try different settings and try to recreate the emulators.

When you say "different settings", what "settings" are you referring to?

I'd rather experiment with some settings instead of having to download all the SDKs again.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, two other SDK's (24, 26) work fine. Its just 28 that hangs.

I tried a 4" screen - still NG, but I'll try others.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I forgot to update this thread.

Reinstalling the SDK fixed my original issue of the Emulator not fully booting level 28.

I have not tried level API 29.

Upvote 0