iOS Question Equivalent of CheckAndRequest

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,
I built an app that requires the iSpeechRecognition, the phone ask for permission of the Microphone usage, and speech recognition the first time I need to use it.
There is a why to prompt the dialog BEFORE I actually need it? (or wait for the user answer?)
and more important... if the user miss-click and does not accept by mistake, how can I prompt the dialog again to ask him to accept the microphone and speech recognition usage?

Thanks in advance :D

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
when you call SpeechRecognition.Initialize.
Oh ok, so if I understood: when I call the initialize method the dialog is shown (If it is the absolute first time)?

You can take the user to the settings app:
Oh ok, this is something I know, at this point the next question is:
Given the fact that I have to send the user to the settings, I need to know if the user before denied the access. How can I know if the access was denied? there is a method that fails or something similar?

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
The permission that appear only when the recording starts is the microphone usage, not the speechrecognition usage. Even with the Tutorial.
Now i'm trying to replicate this:

this solves the microphone usage, but then i will need to check if the user allowed the speechrecognition too

Upvote 0