Android Question Error after upgrading with SDK Manager

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hi. I just updated the Android SDK with the SDK Manager and it told me that there was a library update called Material-13. After updating it when I compile the application it tells me:

Generando el fichero R. Error
c:\android\androidsdk_b4a\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.3.0\unpacked-material-1.3.0\res\layout\material_clock_period_toggle.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'checkedButton' with value '@id/material_clock_period_am_button').
c:\android\androidsdk_b4a\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.3.0\unpacked-material-1.3.0\res\layout\material_timepicker_dialog.xml:38: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'barrierMargin' in package 'com.clarionero.boletinesoficiales'
c:\android\androidsdk_b4a\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.3.0\unpacked-material-1.3.0\res\layout\material_timepicker_dialog.xml:82: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf' with value '@id/material_timepicker_ok_button').

Rubén

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
I have only mentioned the problem to other users.

I had no problem so far updating the Android SDK with the SDK Manager. When I get an error because some artifact is missing I run it and everything goes ok.

I just reinstall (again) the Android SDK with the two files from your instructions.

I get the error:

B4A Versión: 10.50
Parseando código. (0.95s)
Java Versión: 11
Building folders structure. (0.20s)
Compilando código. (1.37s)
Compilado códigos de diseños. (0.08s)
Organizando librerías. Error
Artefacto de Maven no encontrado: androidx.annotation/annotation-experimental

Then...

How can i install new artefacts if i don't must use the SDK Manager?

Thank you

Rubén

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't understand why this class is needed
androidx.annotation/annotation-experimental
and also why it is not available. as it seeems to be an androidx component. Do you have some non-standard library?

Sorry but I'll have to leave this to someone who knows more about the SDK than I do.

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Ok, I reinstalled again, I used the SDK Manager to download only the artifacts that I missed during the compilation ( androidx.annotation/annotation-experimental and ViewPager2). With them and the Platform 30 that was installed by default by the installation files it compiles fine (SDK 29 in Manifest).

Rubén

Upvote 0

Wolli013

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem. How did you solve it?
I can't compile the program anymore, I always get this error message!

c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.3.0\unpacked-material-1.3.0\res\layout\material_clock_period_toggle.xml:18: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'checkedButton' with value '@id/material_clock_period_am_button').
c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.3.0\unpacked-material-1.3.0\res\layout\material_timepicker_dialog.xml:38: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'barrierMargin' in package 'arbeitszeit.vb'
c:\android\tools\..\extras\b4a_remote\com\google\android\material\material\1.3.0\unpacked-material-1.3.0\res\layout\material_timepicker_dialog.xml:82: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf' with value '@id/material_timepicker_ok_button').

Upvote 0

John Naylor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also fell foul of this - reinstall as above and don't upgrade unless you have a very specific reason. Lesson learned.

Upvote 0