Android Tutorial GUI SDK Manager for newer versions of Android tools

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by Erel, May 29, 2017.

1. eSolution

eSolution Member Licensed User

I updated to 7.80 and I deleted my Android Sdk that was installed with Android Studio and I installed a new one as explained above (using the SDK Manager from B4A).
    Now B4A can't compile my apps because it can't find the appcompat styles. I installed B4A 7.8 on my desktop where I still have the Android SDK from Android Studio and it compiled the app without any problem... So with the Android SDK installed by the included SDK Manager we have missing files i think... I get this error: "AndroidManifest.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@style/Theme.AppCompat')."

How can I fix this without installing Android Studio and using its SDK? (is another 10G of wasted SSD)

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

As the first sentence of the first post says, this thread is not relevant if you are using B4A v7.8+

3. eSolution

eSolution Member Licensed User

I know, I clicked on the link and I followed the instructions but I came back to this thread after I got the error and I posted...after that I opened a new thread just for this issue. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. anaylor01

anaylor01 Well-Known Member Licensed User

I am getting these errors:
    Error: org.apache.commons.exec.executeexception:The stop timeout of 500 ms was exceeded (exit value: -559038737)
    java.ioexception:C:\tools\lib is not a folder

I am using Windows 10 Build 16299

5. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Sounds like the path structure is invalid.
    Anyway: You should always start a new thread for your questions.

6. lemonisdead

lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

Is the code still the same with B4A 8.30, please ? (new working icon excluded, of course) Thanks

7. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

FindJava was updated:
    Code:
    Private Sub FindJava As String

If JavaPath <> "" Then Return JavaPath
       JavaPath = GetSystemProperty(
    "java.home""")

Log($"Java Path: ${JavaPath}"$)

Dim s As String = GetSystemProperty("java.version""")

If s.StartsWith("9"Or s.StartsWith("10"Then
           AdditionalJavaOpts = 
    " --add-modules java.se.ee"

End If

Return JavaPath
    End Sub
    There might be some other small changes.
    Tip: you can use this tool to quickly compare the codes: http://winmerge.org/

lemonisdead likes this.
  8. lemonisdead

lemonisdead Well-Known Member Licensed User

Thanks Erel. I have asked because I couldn't see if the code in the first post was updated and got error 1252 with the manager from B4A and not with the previous version of that one. Would create a new post if required.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice