Android Tutorial GUI SDK Manager for newer versions of Android tools

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
When do you get this message? What happens next? Have you downloaded the latest Android SDK tools as explained in the first post?

jimmyF

Licensed User
Have you downloaded the latest Android SDK tools as explained in the first post?
I have been using Android Studio to manage my SDK installation.

When do you get this message? What happens next?
I get the message in the app log window after I click on "Install Selected".
It stops at the line:
Warning: File C:\Users\James.SEF2\.android\repositories.cfg could not be loaded.
As another issue:
The AVD Manager tells me that there are no definitions available. It was working before.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
I have been using Android Studio to manage my SDK installation.
This is a mistake. You need to follow the exact steps from the tutorial. You can install multiple copies of Android SDK.

jimmyF

Licensed User
Seems like a bit of a Department of Redundancy Department situation. :confused:
I now have 2 complete and alike copies of the SDK on disk.
Is it safe you use this copy with Android Studio?
Can I also update this copy alternatively in Android studio or must I now use the B4JsdkManager always?

Btw, it works now but finishes with
Info: "Install Google USB Driver (revision: 11)" finished.
done

Warning: File C:\Users\James.SEF2\.android\repositories.cfg could not be loaded."
in the log window.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
There is no such feature. Why do you need to uninstall a component?

alienhunter

Licensed User
hi
i got this error
how do i make sure that HAXM was installed correct ?
avd.jpg

also the HYPER-V has to be disabled ?

thanks AH

lemonisdead

Licensed User
1/ create a sub directory named "AndroidEmulator" in C:\Windows and change its permissions to anybody (it should be a missing environment variable but on my part, Android_HOME or its path to the SDK never worked)
2/ to be sure XAHM was correctly installed, you can restart its installer from the extras folder. Alternatively, you can start haxm_check.exe in CLI to check if the requirements are ok
3/ I have both XAHM and Hyper-V running <- THIS IS NO MORE TRUE (I enter in a loop at restart after having installed Hyper-V when Xahm was previously installed)

Last edited:

Jmu5667

Licensed User
1/ create a sub directory named "AndroidEmulator" in C:\Windows and change its permissions to anybody (it should be a missing environment variable but on my part, Android_HOME or its path to the SDK never worked)
2/ to be sure XAHM was correctly installed, you can restart its installer from the extras folder. Alternatively, you can start haxm_check.exe in CLI to check if the requirements are ok
3/ I have both XAHM and Hyper-V running
Hey

Do you the windows creator update installed on your machine ?

John.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Yes. The embedded SDK is not intended for usage by other applications and doesn't include all the required components.

Note that an improved version of this tool will be included in the next version of B4A.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Hello @moster67 : you are right and I have to edit my post about. It was right in the past : I had both running without doing nothing special.
To prove it I wanted to install Hyper-V on my new computer now and entered in a loop at restart
So I guess it is no more true

lemonisdead

Licensed User
@moster67 : sorry to point to you at each message, I am on the mobile..
It seems to be an issue more with Hyper-V : I just reinitialized the computer because of the loop, installed Hyper-V without having Xahm installed so. And it crashes again. I will report if I find a solution