iOS Question Error: Could not delete (file) because it was not created by the build system

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
My development certificate expired. I created a new one (see below) following standard steps. I also noticed the B4i-Bridge was no longer working ("not available") on any of my devices. I deleted them with the intent of installing new ones. On the first device installation, the iPhone was connected to the MacBook Pro with Apple Configurator running. When I compiled a "Build a B4i-Bridge App" the B4i-Bridge auto-installed on the iPhone and everything worked. I hooked up a second iPhone and went through the same procedure. I receive the following error:

B4i Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.01s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building designer app. (0.00s)
Building Xcode project. (0.31s)
Preparing project for builder. (0.03s)
Project size: 0.23 MB
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Command line invocation:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild clean

User defaults from command line:
IDEPackageSupportUseBuiltinSCM = YES

note: Using new build system
error: Could not delete `/Users/neilrohan1/Downloads/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build` because it was not created by the build system.
note: Build preparation complete

Error: 2022-07-18 17:29:57.814 xcodebuild[1563:51135] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionSentinelHostApplications for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionHosts.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore
2022-07-18 17:29:57.814 xcodebuild[1563:51135] Requested but did not find extension point with identifier Xcode.IDEKit.ExtensionPointIdentifierToBundleIdentifier for extension Xcode.DebuggerFoundation.AppExtensionToBundleIdentifierMap.watchOS of plug-in com.apple.dt.IDEWatchSupportCore

** CLEAN FAILED **

I have reinstalled another new certificate and provisioning profile but to no avail. I have tried compiling without Apple Configurator checked - same error.

Certificate Details​

Certificate Name Neil Rohan
Certificate Type iOS Development
Expiration Date 2023/07/18
Created By Neil Rohan ([email protected])

Review Provisioning Profile​

Name test
Status Active
Platform iOS
Expires 2023/07/18
Type Development Created By Neil Rohan ([email protected])
Enabled Capabilities
None
App ID b4i (b4i.*)
Certificates1 total
Devices 5 total

Can anyone shed some light on the problem?

Neil Rohan

Licensed User
Manually delete this folder: /Users/neilrohan1/Downloads/B4iBuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build

Or change the user id under Tools - Build Server - Settings.
Thanks Erel. Problem SOLVED. And thanks for the unbelievably quick response!!

Upvote 0