Longtime User
Hi,

today I can't compile any of all my apps

<code>
B4A Versione: 11.00
Analisi del Codice. (0.13s)
Java Versione: 8
Building folders structure. Error
Path Access 'D:\GDrive\Programmazione\Android\Android-Progetti\BAsic4Android\GPSXXX\Objects\b4xlibs' denied.
</code>

if I delete this folder I will get other errors for other folders indefinitely

Can help please ?

Thanks

FabioG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Moved to the questions forum.

Are you saving the project in a Google Drive synchronized folder? This can cause files to be locked.

I thought about this but after I moved the files to an unsynchronized folder but the problem remains
do you have any solutions?

however I have no problems with other IDEs they work, normally also Microsoft's Visual Studio

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought about this but after I moved the files to an unsynchronized folder but the problem remains
do you have any solutions?

however I have no problems with other IDEs they work, normally also Microsoft's Visual Studio
The solution that I have found temporarily is to extract the last generated backup that was compiled correctly that automatically generates b4a, so it works correctly, but every time it is compiled it is blocked again.

Upvote 0

FabioG

Licensed User
Longtime User
The solution that I have found temporarily is to extract the last generated backup that was compiled correctly that automatically generates b4a, so it works correctly, but every time it is compiled it is blocked again.
thank you very much this workaround works, it is still inconvenient
@Erel this seems to be a bug of the B4A ide, with other IDEs I don't have this problem

Upvote 0

rscheel

Licensed User
Longtime User
The IDE creates this folder and tries to access it during compilation. Something is blocking it. Might be an anti-virus.
I think the problem is the Objects folder, for some reason when google drive syncs, the folder crashes.

Upvote 0

FabioG

Licensed User
Longtime User
The IDE creates this folder and tries to access it during compilation. Something is blocking it. Might be an anti-virus.
@Erel this only happens with b4a, other ide work fine, sorry but I don't think so, if other ide work and b4a doesn't work ...

Upvote 0

FabioG

Licensed User
Longtime User
The fact that Google Drive started locking files while the IDE compiles is not a bug in B4A. It seems like a bug in Google Drive latest update.

Use a different folder. You can configure the autoback folder to your GoogleDrive folder.
@Erel I believe that if it had been so I would have encountered the same problem with other software, instead they are able to modify or delete files without any problem

Thanks anyway

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem is not with B4A. There is nothing that B4A can do if some other program locks access to a folder. As Erel says stop trying to sync the Object folder with Google Drive. It is not necessary as it and its contents are recreated on compilation - which is why the problem occurs.

Upvote 0