Android Question Error only in Debug Legacy mode ????

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Laurent95, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Laurent95

Laurent95 Active Member Licensed User

Hello,

I test and debug a class that i compile in a library.
    With the joined example in zip file, i get an error but only in the 'debug legacy' mode :
    "java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field 'java.lang.String anywheresoftware.b4a.debug.Debug$SubFrame.moduleName' on a null object reference"

In 'debug rapid' or 'release' mode, i have not error !!!!!!
    I'm on B4A v 5.20, i join parts of unfiltered logs in 2 mode also.
    If someone have an idea ? Maybe Erel can help on this.
    Thanks for help.

Important : There are libraries who are needed for that works right. Take a look at the screenshot, and of course you must put my library in the additional libraries folder.

EDIT : Seems similar of this : http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/what-is-anywheresoftware-b4a-ba-sharedprocessba.57992/
    I use also DBUtils in the library, but why only in debug legacy ?

Laurent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I haven't investigated it. However the legacy debugger is considered a legacy feature. If it works in rapid debug mode and release mode than it is fine.

3. Laurent95

Laurent95 Active Member Licensed User

Hi Erel,

Indeed that works in these 2 modes, but that's really weird.
    No worries, i must precise it to the users when i'll share the library, unless that is fixed already.

2 Precisions :
    - I forget to say that i test the error with B4A version 5.02 also, in the both case with and without the Library original code, it's the same.
    - I have not the error in any mode when i do the same code in the Main Activity of the Library, maybe a clue ?

For now i continue my debug on the library :)

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice