iOS Question Error when installing B4i on iPad with iOS 15.1

olivere

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since last week, I'm suddenly not able anymore to install B4I or or debug/release apps generated with B4i to my iPad.

The behaviour is strange, I've already described in this post https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...hangs-and-blocks-all-no-way-to-remove.136707/,
Now I also encounter, that after this corrupted install and when try to reinstall again: even when scanning the barcode link generated from B4i to download the bridge, the barcode is recognized from iPad but not resolved anymore as link..

Very strange, and as mentioned in the other post, there is absolutely no way to remove/delete the B4i bridge app from my iPad except of a complete reset to firmware settings.

What I did in meantime:
I completely reinstalled B4I, also deleted all keys and created new certificates and profiles; of course the proper UDID of the iPad is still included.
But always the same: after trying to install the b4i bridge, the iPad blocks/slows extremly down and becomes nearly unusable, a reset to firmware settings is needed.
Obviously the B4I bridge installing process is somehow hanging, but there is no way to cancel the download or stop the installation..

Until last week, everything works well and I had no problem in past to bring the b4i bridge and/or debug/releaseapps to several iOS devices, so I do not think that I'm overlooking something or doing beginner's mistakes...

After meanwhile more than 10 resets to factory settings, I'm very frustrated and I fear, that this might be a major issue in general and could also affect other users.
Does anybody has an idea, how to solve the problem ? Are there are any ways to see/get iPad log files to detect a reason possibly caused by specific device settings ?

TX Oliver

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm very frustrated and I fear, that this might be a major issue in general and could also affect other users.
For now you are the only user to report this issue. Many users are running the latest version of iOS.

Are there are any ways to see/get iPad log files to detect a reason possibly caused by specific device settings ?
It is possible with a local Mac, do you have one?

Upvote 0