Bug? ios 15 - B4i bridge hangs and blocks all, no way to remove

olivere

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

until yesterday everything worked well with b4i using hosted builder and my iPad (iOS 13).

But then I compiled my app again and from there, the app symbol on the iPad suddenly was greyed out and not working anymore. I was not able to delete nor the b4ibridge neither the app. My iPad became blocked in severe way, every approx 20 secs. the ipad hanged up for some times. Finally I decided a complete reset of iPad and reset to factory settings, with installation of iOs15.
But even on this clean iPad the same problem occurs again: I'm not able to install b4i bridge anymore, the app hangs and blocks the ipad again.
In settings ->apps there is an entry "B4-bridge" (with a grey cloud symbol), but the button "delete app" is not enabled.

Further infos:
The b4-bridge symbol is on the home screen, but does not show the proper icon, it is greyed out like an uncomplete downloaded app. But icon is labeled as "B4i bridge" and does not show "installing" or "waiting" anymore, as it have been several times before ("cancel download" or "delete app" were not successful)
When trying to start the b4ibridge, nothing seems to happen and the app is also not shown as open app.
But the ipad freezes always again for some time and sometimes there even comes to a soft reset

Of course, the b4i-root certificate is installed and enabled in ipad settings, also internet conectivity is given and the device UDID in the mobile provision profile (as mentioned, until yesterday everything worked well). I also tried to reset router, wlan, everything the same....
There is absolutely no way to get rid of the blocking b4i brigde app, I tried a lots of tipps I've fond in internet how to deinstall/remove apps, but nothing worked.
Also recreation/reinstallation of the b4i bridge does not work; I tried several times, also using host builder1, but problem still persists..
The reason must be caused by the b4i app. There is no malware or a virus on the ipad, for it is a clean developer device without any third party apps execpt of the b4i bridge

Do you have any ideas? The problem is, that my iPad is nearly unusable, due to the permanent freezes. I hardy can open any websites using safari, for all keyborard entries or app acitvities are blocked in short timed intervals..

Thank you,
Oliver

olivere

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thank you, but the problem still persists. It seems to be a severe problem::eek:

I tried it even with new keys, profiles & certificate; compilation of b4ibridge was without errror.
But when I dowload the b4ibridge using the barcode link, the installation hangs and there is no way to interrupt. After some minutes, iOS show the message, that b4i-Bridge could'nt be installed, showing a partially loaded icon on homescreen. But from now, there is no way to remove/delete the corrupted b4i bridge app and the iPad is blocked as described. I only can get rid of it by a total reset of the iPad to factory settings..

Now it's the 5th time I had to reset my iPad, and I'm still not able to get B4IBridge again working on my iPad..
So I think there must be an issue with iOS 15.1 (at least on iPad)..
Urgent help would be appreciated...
Thank you and kr
Oliver

olivere

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you think there could be a relation to the log4j problem ? If your (hosted) builders use this component, this might be something to be checked; for even Apple's server are affected,

Last edited: