Longtime User
Hi all , I've installed B4R BETA #2 version but I receive error when compile
and try to use TCP Socket.

As Erel's tutorial I tried rESP8266WiFi library but got an error when compile,
the error says that ESP8266WiFi.h is not found, but i already use it
with Arduino IDE and work very well.

Maybe the problem is that I have two different "libraries" folders for
Arduino, one in C:\Documents and Settings\max\Documenti\Arduino\libraries and
another in C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries, this is because some time ago I've used
Arduino IDE Portable and now my system search libraries in Documents too, but
in Arduino IDE preferences I've C:\Documents and Settings\max\Documenti\Arduino
as Sketch Path.

Maybe I need to copy all libraries to C:\Programmi\Arduino\libraries
and delete other one in C:\Documents and Settings\max\Documenti\Arduino\libraries,
but maybe this create errors when I compile with Arduino IDE....

I need to investigate about this problem.

Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 01.56 PM.PNG

Last edited:

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sure the path points to the correct Arduino IDE, I can compile other
code and execute on ESP8266, but when I include rESP8266WiFi there
is the problem.

Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 02.46 PM.PNG

Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mmmm... this is very very strange, if I open the src.ino project under Object/src and try
to compile with Arduino IDE I receive same error as B4R (this is good) and the project
can't find ESP8266WiFi.h when compile, but I can import this library and work well in all others
my ESP8266 projects.... :(:(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 04.38 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 04.38 PM.PNG
    68.3 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried to do this but ESP8266 platform don't work on my system on newer versions of Arduino IDE.
I've tried to install Arduino IDE 1.6.6 and receive errors when compile, same 1.6.7, same 1.6.8., the esp8266 is installed but not recognized when compile.

I use old Win XP SO 32Bit, maybe this is the reason.... so I downgrade to old 1.6.5 that compile ok without problems... but not in this specific case.

I found that my ESP8266 package and libraries are in C:\Documents and Settings\max\Dati applicazioni\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.0.0\libraries and ESP8266WiFi.h is inside this folder.

This folder is created by default from Arduino when I install ESP8266 platform, I don't have ESP8266WiFi on Arduino libraries folder, there is WiFi library but for Arduino WiFi Shield

Attachments

• Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 05.56 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 06-23-16 at 05.56 PM.PNG
    56.9 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks Erel for your precious time, i will try to uninstall IDE 1.6.5 and ESP8266 core and install new versions. If I have success I post here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FormCommander

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Max,
did you get runnig it ? I have the same problem, but new ide version 1.8.5 and also all installed. I can compile the test program SerialESP8266_library_test without problems, the leds on the EPS8266 board connected to my UNO are flashing, so I thing the libs are ok.
regards
Rudolf

Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Max,
did you get runnig it ? I have the same problem, but new ide version 1.8.5 and also all installed. I can compile the test program SerialESP8266_library_test without problems, the leds on the EPS8266 board connected to my UNO are flashing, so I thing the libs are ok.
regards
Rudolf
Hi @FormCommander, and all users, this error is related to old Arduino IDE and old B4R and duplicate Arduino libraries. Now it works.

Many thanks to all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FormCommander

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
problem solved, was my mistake, I did not realize that it is only possible to use ESP8266 directly without Arduino. Now I know that I have to program them separately and connect them serial.
regards
Rudolf

Upvote 0

max123

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats sound good. I'm happy you solved. ;)

Upvote 0