Android Question EU Consent Provider Limit Removed

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
According to the Android Consent SDK Changelog (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-consent-sdk-android/blob/master/ChangeLog.md) the 12 provider limit for the Google rendered consent form was removed in v1.0.5, but when I selected 13 providers in my AdMob account the "Yes, continue to see relevant ads" option & the link to the providers list was not displayed on the consent form in my app.

Does the FirebaseAdMob library require an update to align it with the no-limit consent form?

- Colin.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I recompiled an app using the new library (FirebaseAdMob v1.55) & added an extra provider to the list in my AdMob account (so total 13) & I'm still having the same issue - ie: it doesn't show the "Yes, continue to see relevant ads" option or the link to the providers list.

Also (might have just been an anomaly), the first time the app ran with the new library, it didn't show the dialog at all - even though I had .AddTestDevice & .SetDebugGeography set correctly. I worked OK after that though so like I said, it might have been a on-off anomaly.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I recompiled an app using the new library (FirebaseAdMob v1.55) & added an extra provider to the list in my AdMob account (so total 13) & I'm still having the same issue - ie: it doesn't show the "Yes, continue to see relevant ads" option or the link to the providers list.
Not sure. This is handled inside Google SDK.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - so there were no changes in the library related to the removal of the provider limit?

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - what about Googleconsent.aar & gson-2.8.5.jar? Do they need to be updated?

I still can't get the consent form to work with more than 12 providers & I haven't been able to find anything via Google search that indicates this is an issue since the v1.0.5 update.

Has anyone else tested this?

- Colin.

Upvote 0