Event Params

Cdymock

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I don't know if any else will be interested in this or if there is a better way, but I have a project that requires certain forms to show based on a parameter, these forms are based on a table with over 300 cols!

Its shared by a server app so can't really change this.

So currently I see that overall I will need to add about two hundred edit text fields on various layouts all with their own TextChanged Sub etc.

It would be nice if a reference to the field was passed in. I work with a couple of other languages where a reference to to the object raising the event is passed.

What I normally do then for text fields is name or in this case I would Tag them as the database column they represent and I can then do my updates etc via one sub for all fields.

Cheers

Chris

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have a look here. This will work with any view although the example shows buttons it will work with edittext too, you can add a tag to the edittext and read it. In the example in the wiki it would be referenced as b.tag.

Steve

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…