Android Question Facebook Authentication Key Hash

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone, I am trying to test the Facebook Authentication Sample, I am in the Process of generating my Key Hash, I read a tutorial stating that I
have to use a debug.keystore, however for my development processs I generate my own private key and using it. I asume I have to use the private one (I compile all my app with it).
Please confirm if I am correct with it.

Link for the tutorial.
Generate Key Hash Tutorial

Thanks in Advance for your comments

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, Good Morning, thanks for your promptly answer, I will reread the link recommended, I will keep my results updated

Best Regards

Upvote 0

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi good morning everyone, here news about generating facebook key hash, I hope it helps you

• After download openssl from link I installed it at c:\openssl and include path c:\openssl\bin in PATH environment variable (Advanced Control Panel Settings)
  • I opened a command window and navigate to java directory in my case C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin
  • In this directory is located the command keytool.exe (it is very important)
  • I have two keystore files (a debug key and a private key) , I decided to put them in a specific directory c:\ (just to save some typing)
    • I got debug.keystore file in my B4A folder in my case C:\Basic4android
    • I got a llave_privada.keystore in a folder when I generate it previosly (generated using B4A tools)
    • I put both keystores files in c:\key folder (Because I want to get a key hash for debug and a private, but you choose wich one is for you)
  • After everthing is ready we proceed to generate a debug key hash (you type it on command window already set in java bin directory )
    • keytool -exportcert -alias B4A -keystore c:/key/debug.keystore | openssl sha1 -binary | openssl base64
      this command ask for password you type android
      • You get your key hash: dAPXPiWVUgf2rtcLfUWvEyzxdyU=
  • Now I am generating a key hash for my private key (llave_privada.keystore is my private key file)
    • keytool -exportcert -alias B4A -keystore c:/key/llave_privada.keystore | openssl sha1 -binary | openssl base64
    • This command ask for a password, you have to put your password of you keystore
    • password: MiPanama777&
      You get your key hash: DCHcJHYl4Vu+iHdCUrBAEeEL9Po=

Hope it can help you

Best Regards

Virgilio from Panama

Last edited:
Upvote 0

virpalacios

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone, I got my Facebook authentication sample working today, congratulations Erel for your Superb Job with B4x tools, I have just a small issue with facebook id, this id has to be registered in your firebase screen for your app. But after it puttin it, everything got fine.

Best Regards

Upvote 0