iOS Question Failed to parse certificate file.Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could no

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Searched all the topics about this issue, and created a new certificate and provision file. I am always getting this error with local mac builder:

Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Failed to parse certificate file.Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

Anything I can do about it ?

edit: I also tried to change the user id as @Erel suggested

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Hi @tufanv ,

This is unfortunately one of the mistakes that come from today to tomorrow, without be a clear reason.
I had the same thing a few months ago. After several times creating new certificate and provision file, it worked.
The creation of certificate and provision file is still so obscure(at least for me), even after so many years of B4i.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @tufanv ,

This is unfortunately one of the mistakes that come from today to tomorrow, without be a clear reason.
I had the same thing a few months ago. After several times creating new certificate and provision file, it worked.
The creation of certificate and provision file is still so obscure(at least for me), even after so many years of B4i.
So shouldI continue to create certificate and provision until it is okay :) I have reachedthe maximum number of certificates for now :)

I have to update the apps for the marketing url and hit this error.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I already tried 3 new pairs but no luck. I revoked one and tried with new ones but no luck.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have the hosted builder. I can try with that with the temporary id.
The first thing to do is to test it with the hosted builder. If you don't have an account then I will send you a temporary id.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

I already tried 3 new pairs but no luck. I revoked one and tried with new ones but no luck.
I know, that's depressing. :(
I also thought that my Mac was not working anymore and wanted to set up new ones.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The first thing to do is to test it with the hosted builder. If you don't have an account then I will send you a temporary id.
Failed to parse certificate file.Error: security: SecKeychainDelete: The specified keychain could not be found.

Getting the same error with the hosted builder now. (thanks for temporary id )

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have to leave the office now I will try this evening with both local and hosted and report my findings here.
My guess is that the certificate and provision file do not match. Start from scratch. Create a new keys folder.

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Searched all the topics about this issue, and created a new certificate and provision file. I am always getting this error with local mac builder:

Sending data to remote compiler. Error

Anything I can do about it ?

edit: I also tried to change the user id as @Erel suggested

Try open xcode, Menu: Xcode→Preferences→Accounts→ Input your Apple Id and Password→Download Manual Profiles.

Or your package name does not match your mobileprovision name

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
I encountered the same problem today... Will redo the steps for the certificate and provisioning...

EDIT: Even after regenerating these files i still get the same error.... any ideas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brandsum

Licensed User
I had the same problem. So deleting all old certificates from keychain and installing the new one solved my issue. I use local builder.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had the same problem. So deleting all old certificates from keychain and installing the new one solved my issue. I use local builder.
While using a remote builder, I dont think we have anything to do with the keychain so it MAY NOT be the problem. For local builder you may be right. I will make some tests with both local and remote builder in a hour.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I deleted all certificates and provision profiles. Created new ones. And everything is working in local builder. On remote builder I get an error about firebase analytivcs which is probably a missing library I use but hosted builder doesn't have. What I did wrong was, I had created a Apple Distribution certificate whereas I needed to create iOS Distrbution Certificate.
But I dont know why the old ones stopped working and gave me that error.

@Erel : thanks for hosted builder, it can be dectivated now.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try open xcode, Menu: Xcode→Preferences→Accounts→ Input your Apple Id and Password→Download Manual Profiles.

I experienced this again, and this helped me . Thanks !

Upvote 0

tucano2000

Licensed User
Longtime User

It worked for me on a new install of Xcode and the MacOS system.

Upvote 0