fgControls-Library

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

i have updated my library Version 1.083.

I have changed something on the modules "fgFileChooser" and "fgDirChooser". The error in the "Omnia" should no longer come, can someone test it?

Ich habe an den Modulen "fgFileChooser" und "fgDirChooser" etwas geädert. Der Fehler beim "Omnia" sollte jetzt nicht mehr kommen, kann das jemanden testen?

Ciao,
Filippo

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Funktioniert...

Hallo Filippo,

gut gemacht. Es kommen auf dem Omnia keine Fehlermeldungen mehr. Danke für das schnelle Update der Lib :). Zwei Änderungen wäre vielleicht noch interessant. Z. B.,

1. SearchPattern erweitern, so das mann mehrer Extension angeben kann (Wie beim Opendialog)
2. Neue Membervariable mit einem InitialPfad, welcher geöffnet wird

MfG
Amalkotey

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Hallo Amalkotey,

das ging aber schnell! Danke für das schnelle Testen!:)

Ciao,
Filippo

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Achtung, Erweitungsvorschlag in Post #62

@Filippo:

denk mal über die Änderunge im Post #62 nach.

MfG
Amalkotey

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Filippo,

thanks a lot for this wonderful library. I use it to turn the screen of the device (so I only use fgScreenOrientation).

But I have a problem:
If I change the ScreenOrientation too often
B4X:
deviceScreenOrientation.ChangeOrientation(deviceScreenOrientation.Landscape) ' setting new screen orientation
and
B4X:
deviceScreenOrientation.ChangeOrientation(deviceScreenOrientation.Portrait) ' setting new screen orientation

then I get an "OutOfMemory"-Error.

This is reproducable. I am currently trying to get the same "problem" with your demo-application but up until now there is no problem...

Do you know why I could get this error? When I take out the screen-orientation calls, I can switch the forms as often as I want to. But as soon as I switch the orientation when I switch the forms, I get this OutOfMemory-Error after ~ 7 screen-turns....

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Chris

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update:
I have just managed to get the OutOfMemory-Message:
As soon as I added a FormLib to your demo-application and set it to fullscreen and let it run for some time (it takes longer than with my application to "crash" as my application needs a lot more RAM than your demo-app), I get the OutOfMemory-Message and the app crashes.

My new App_Start:
B4X:
AddObject ("flb", "FormLib")
screen.New1
flb.New1("form1",False)
flb.FullScreen2(True, True)
form1.Show

Do 
 screen.ChangeOrientation(screen.Portrait)
 Sleep(500)
 screen.ChangeOrientation(screen.Landscape)
Loop Until False

So somewhere we lose RAM with each turn of the screen...

But where does it go to and how can we solve this?

Any help is heavily appreciated :)

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Firefox®

Licensed User
Hello Filippo,

thanks, your fgControls library is a very great library!

But I have a problem with fgLabel.

In my project the code fgLabel.New1("label1") cause a runtime error:

in italian language:
Un oggetto di tipo 'Dbasic.EnhancedControls.CEnhancedLabel' non può essere convertito nel tipo 'System.Windows.Form.Label'.

In english: (thanks to Google translation :))
An object of type 'Dbasic.EnhancedControls.CEnhancedLabel' can not be converted to type 'System.Windows.Form.Label'.

Can you help me? :BangHead:

Another question: the .DLLVersion property listed in the help file of fgControls is missing in the list of property (fgControlDesktop.dll v1.0.8.3)
Typing a dot after fgLabel in the list of property it not appear.
(see attached pic)

Thank you

Attachments

• fgLabelPropertyList.jpg
    fgLabelPropertyList.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
About the OOM error. It seems to be a memory leak in FormLib.
Please replace FormLib with the one attached and see it it solves your problem.
You should unzip the attached file and copy both files to the libraries folder:
C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4ppc Desktop\Libraries

If you are running the source code on the device you should also update FormLib.dll on the device.

Attachments

• FormLib.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 34

CryoGenID

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

thanks a LOT for your help!
I have just tried the new FormLib-DLL and it seems to work just great :sign0188:

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Chris

D

Deleted member 103

Hallo Firefox®,

in italian language:
Un oggetto di tipo 'Dbasic.EnhancedControls.CEnhancedLabel' non può essere convertito nel tipo 'System.Windows.Form.Label'.
in questo Link c'è la spiegazione: http://www.b4x.com/forum/beta-versions/4209-alignment-labels-formlib-does-not-work.html

Another question: the .DLLVersion property listed in the help file of fgControls is missing in the list of property (fgControlDesktop.dll v1.0.8.3)
Typing a dot after fgLabel in the list of property it not appear.
(see attached pic)
per vedere la Version guarda la il File allegato.

Ciao,
Filippo

Attachments

• fgControl-Version.jpg
    fgControl-Version.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Filippo,

Great libraries you have done for the community!

I've been looking for ages for a more complete OpenFileDialog which permits me to browse all folders on the device and not being limited only to MyDocuments and Storage. Only now I found your "fgFileChooser " - just what I was looking for. :icon_clap:

Complimenti! Mi sa che ora mi metto a vedere tutte le altre cose che hai incluso nella tua libreria.:sign0060:

Ciao

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am following up my previous post about your library and in particular the fgFileChooser-control.

While running the control in an emulator, everything was fine. However, when I tried to run it on my Samsung i780, the control always displays in horizontal mode. This make it very difficult to use it on my i780. This is probably due to the fact that my device-screen is a square (320 x 320) and for some reason, the control automatically adjusts itself for horizontal mode. I tried to look at the various properties/methods but I couldn't find any which permits me to change the orientation. Could this be added to this excellent control?

PS: is there a way to set an initial directory? If not, an InitialDirectory property would be great.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

i have updated my library Version 1.084.

@moster67
scusa se rispondo solo adesso ma sono stato le ultime 3 settimane in vacanza in italia.

Ciao,
Filippo

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I imagined you were on holiday. I hope you relaxed and did not suffer the summer heat here in Italy too much!!

Thx for adding the InitalDirectory option. Would you be able to add a way to force screen-orientation mode?

@moster67
scusa se rispondo solo adesso ma sono stato le ultime 3 settimane in vacanza in italia.

Ciao,
Filippo

D

Deleted member 103

@ghale
ho trascorso 1 settimana a Bellaria(Rimini) e 2 in Sicilia(la mia terra nativa).

@moster67
Would you be able to add a way to force screen-orientation mode?
se guardi bene nella libreria c'è una funzione(fgChangeOrientation) che dovrebbe fare per te.

IoSonoPiero

Licensed User
Longtime User
@ghale
ho trascorso 1 settimana a Bellaria(Rimini) e 2 in Sicilia(la mia terra nativa).

@moster67

se guardi bene nella libreria c'è una funzione(fgChangeOrientation) che dovrebbe fare per te.

Speak in english, please, or Cableguy will kill us!!! :cool:

IoSonoPiero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Filippo said:
Version 1.084 ;
  1. the control fglabel is deleted (no longer compatible with Basic4ppc)
Hi Filippo,
can you FIX in the zipfile in the first post the example with fgCalender, becasue it uses an fglabel component?