fgControls-Library

D

Deleted member 103

Hi ghale,

can you FIX in the zipfile in the first post the example with fgCalender, becasue it uses an fglabel component?
OK!

Speak in english, please, or Cableguy will kill us!!!
Cableguy is not a killer!:)

Ciao,
Filippo

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Filippo
I like the file chooser very much. Can you provide a version with the column names in English ?

Thanks

Edit: found it, "headernames" !

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But it is available - I used Headernames property :)

I added the filechooser and the dirchooser to many of my device applications and they work very nice.

Another question - can you add a cs file so the library will be included at compilation ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Another question - can you add a cs file so the library will be included at compilation ?
Unfortunately no, the DLL is written in vb.net and not c#.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

i have updated my library Version 1.086.

Ciao,
Filippo

TWELVE

Licensed User
Hello,

i added the fgFileChooser to my app recently and tested it on the desktop successfully.When i tested it on my PPC2003 device, i get some strange behavior.After the app started if i click on any control ( button, menu), then the fgFileChooser menu ( OK/Cancel) appears in the lower lefthand corner - but the fgFileChooser was not yet called at this time.If i select any option OK or cancel, the fgFileChooser fails with an exception when it is called later.

I found, that if i click a second time on the screen, the OK/Cancel menu of the fgFileChooser disappears again and then it works fine for the rest of the runtime.As i said at the beginning, while running on desktop the issue does not occur - or i not visible to me.

Did someone else notice this issue and is there a solution to solve that..?

I use PPC2003SE, .NET CF 3.5 and B4P 6.50.

Ich nutze den fgFileChooser seit kurzem in meiner App, was auch tadellos funktionierte, als ich es auf dem Desktop getestet hab.Auf dem Device dagegen verhält sich das ganze etwas merkwürdig, nach dem Start meiner App erscheint immer das OK/Abbruch Menü des fgFileChooser, sobald ich irgendwo auf ein Control klicke ( Button, Menü..).Klicke ich dann OK oder Abbruch, dann funktioniert der fgFileChooser dann nicht mehr, wenn ich ihn wirklich aufrufe.Er steigt dann mit einer Exception aus.

Als Workaround habe ich gefunden, ein zweites Mal auf den Screen zu klicken, nachdem das fgFileChooser Menü aufgetaucht ist, dann verschwindet es wieder und der fgFileChooser funktioniert dann auch, wenn ich ihn später aufrufe, bis das Programm beendet wird.Wie gesagt auf dem Desktop tritt diesem Problem nicht auf.

Hat sonst noch jemand diesen Fehler bemerkt ? Gibt es eine Lösung..?

regards,

TWELVE

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i added the fgFileChooser to my app recently and tested it on the desktop successfully.When i tested it on my PPC2003 device, i get some strange behavior.After the app started if i click on any control ( button, menu), then the fgFileChooser menu ( OK/Cancel) appears in the lower lefthand corner - but the fgFileChooser was not yet called at this time.If i select any option OK or cancel, the fgFileChooser fails with an exception when it is called later.

Yes, I had this issue too. I solved it in this way that I call the New1 function of fgFileChooser only just directly before I open the dialog. Seems that the New1 creates the GUI and it gets visible on the device.

TWELVE

Licensed User
Hi Markus,

thanks for the reply, i found this solution by myself last nite when i could't stop attempting to catch that one...;-)

@Filippo: is this behavior intended or did you overlook that..? I used to place all my .new statement in a sub which is called right after program start.The reason is that i've seen issues if a .new statement is called multiple times during runtime ( like every 10 secs.) , this gave me an exception and i assumed this is due to resource exhausting.

@Filippo: laß mich wissen, wenn Du das in deutsch brauchst.Ich persönlich finde es besser, wenn alle teilhaben können, außerdem ist ja auch der B4P support in englisch...

regards,

TWELVE

D

Deleted member 103

Hi TWELVE,

Ich persönlich finde es besser, wenn alle teilhaben können, außerdem ist ja auch der B4P support in englisch...
I find that way. The problem is that my English is not my English but from Google.

finde ich auch so. Das Problem ist das mein Englisch nicht mein Englisch ist sondern von Google. ;)

@Filippo: is this behavior intended or did you overlook that..?
Let's say, I have found no other solution.

Sagen wir so: ich habe keine andere lösung gefunden.

Ciao,
Filippo

Paulsche

Licensed User
Longtime User
fgTextbox Text Alignment

Hi Filippo,

ich benutze gerade die fgcontrols und habe folgendes Verständnisproblem:

Wenn ich folgenden Code benutze um rechtsbündig zu formatieren
erscheint Syntax Error:

fgTextbox.New1("TXTbox2Eingabe",1)

Mit folgendem Code funktioniert es:

fgTextbox.New1("TXTbox2Eingabe")
fgTextbox.TextAlignment = fgTextbox.alLeft

Laut Hilfetext müsste doch die Version 1 auch funktionieren, oder ?

D

Deleted member 103

Mein Fehler!:sign0013:
Die Hilfe-Datei ist nicht auf den neusten Stand.

My mistake!
The help file is not up to date

pdabasic

Licensed User
Hello Filippo!

I would like to use your filechooser.
I use it like this: fgFile.ShowDialog(AppPath)=True

But it show the c:\ drive when I run it.

Do you have an idea?

D

Deleted member 103

fgFile.ShowDialog(AppPath)=True
content of "AppPath"?

This example works properly with you?
B4X:
Sub App_Start
   fgFileChooser.New1
   fgFileChooser.SearchPattern="*.dll;*.txt"

If fgFileChooser.ShowDialog("\Temp")=True Then
      For i=0 To fgFileChooser.SelectedCount -1
         msg=msg & fgFileChooser.SelectedItem(i) & CRLF
      Next
      Msgbox(msg)
   End If
End Sub

D

Deleted member 103

How do you initialize the object "fgFileChooser"?
You can the object not more than 1 times initialize.

pdabasic

Licensed User
Why only one?

B4X:
Sub Globals
   'Declare the global variables here.

End Sub

Sub App_Start
   Fgfilechooser.New1
   Fgfilechooser.SearchPattern="*.*"
   Form1.Show
End Sub

Sub Button1_Click
   If Fgfilechooser.ShowDialog(AppPath)=True Then
      file=Fgfilechooser.SelectedItem(0)
   End If
End Sub

First Click curent folder is C:\
Second Click current folder is where the app run

D

Deleted member 103

It's all right, it should be work!:confused:

Add this code line:
B4X:
Sub Button1_Click
   [B]msgbox(AppPath)[/B]
   If Fgfilechooser.ShowDialog(AppPath)=True Then
      file=Fgfilechooser.SelectedItem(0)
   End If
End Sub

I just want to see whether the contents of the variable "AppPath" which is always the same.

otherwise i can not help.

pdabasic

Licensed User
Fillipo I don't understand why you don't understand me.

I attached a small example.

Please run it on your computer, and when you click on button1 You can see the current directory is the C:\ drive after please close the filechooser and click again the button.
Now the current target in the filechooser is from where you run the sample sbp file. Curently I run it the D:\Temp\fgControls_FileChooser\

Look at the picture!

Attachments

• fgControls_FileChooser.zip
    51 KB · Views: 8
  • FirstClick MessageBox.png
    FirstClick MessageBox.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 8
  • FirstClick FileChooser.jpg
    FirstClick FileChooser.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SecondClick MessageBox.png
    SecondClick MessageBox.png