Android Question FireBase Crashlytics console not receive event. Remains in state "waiting for comunication"

Tommaso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I've a problem with a firebase-crashlytics integration.
I've followed all the steps but I can't figure why even sending an exception it can't communicate with console (console remains in state "waiting from communication").

From application log I can't see nothing wrong
Is there a way to debug or to test the functionality to detect the problem.

Any kind of help is appreciated
Thanks
Tommaso

Tommaso

Licensed User
Longtime User
There is something in unfiltered log that can help me?
or maybe some kind of hidden call like Firebase.checkstatus

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- Did you put the SHA-1 certificate information in the field of the project configuration in the Firebase console?

- Did you download an new google-services.json and replace the same file in the project? Check if /Objects/res/values/googleservices.xml is not read-only.

Upvote 0

Tommaso

Licensed User
Longtime User
- Did you put the SHA-1 certificate information in the field of the project configuration in the Firebase console?

- Did you download an new google-services.json and replace the same file in the project? Check if /Objects/res/values/googleservices.xml is not read-only.

Hi asales,
-No I've not put the SHA-1 it is mandatory? (from console it seems not required) and in another project I did not use it, and firebase works fine.

-Yes I've download and replace google-services.json (And now on your suggest I've checked that is not read only)

Thanks for support

Upvote 0

Tommaso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks asales
I've tried it but it doesn't work...
In Firebase console I can see my device on dashboard as active but I can't receive Crashlytics.

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Create a new project and set it in Firebase Console.
Check if the crashlytics appears.
If don't, put your project here to test.

Upvote 0

Tommaso

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
after a tons of test I've found the "problem".
on starter module the "Application_Error" sub return false so the system doesn't manage the error and the crashlytics.

B4X:
Sub Application_Error (Error As Exception, StackTrace As String) As Boolean
    'Return False -> This way Crashlytics doesn't send to console
    Return True
End Sub

Upvote 0