Android Question Firebase Google Authentication

lip

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've lost a few days to this and I think I'm missing a step:-

- I have a firebase account and I've added my app
- I've used the firebase website to enable google authentication
- I've used the firebase website page to get a google-services.JSON and copied this to the folder where by .b4a file lives.

- I have downloaded and enabled in my app the FirebaseAuth library
- I have copied the code from the various examples

- My phone is signed in with a .gmail account. Chrome shows that I'm signed in with this account.

- I thought I had it working initially but it was a few days ago now so I'm doubting myself.

Symptoms of problem are:-

- Auth.CurrentUser.IsInitialized is always false

- auth_SignedIn never fires

- When I call Auth.SignInWithGoogle I get a screen asking me to Select a Google Account. This shows a list with one item, being my gmail account (and an option to sign in as someone else). I click my .gmail account but nothing changes.

- the firebase website shows that there has been a recent active user of the app, suggesting that the package names are in sync.

- I occasionally get a log with Error 12500 which I have looked up and it seems to relate to SHA-1 fingerprint.

Should have done something with an "SHA-1 fingerprint key" If so, where can I find it? And where do I put it? I have searched on the firebase website and also the google play console but not found anything.

NOTE: I have NOT published this app on google play. I am just developing it in Release Mode using B4A-Bridge at the moment. Is this the problem?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If so, where can I find it?
Open the Private SignKey Options. Resize the window (make it bigger) to see the SHA-1

tv_072.png

Copy the SHA-! Code (here it begins with F4:EA:....
Add it to your Firebase project Config.

Upvote 0

rbirago

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem...but I cannot understand the answer for the trick...I have downloaded from Firebase console the json file with the SHA-1...but which is the meaning of "Add it to your Firebase project Config"?
thank you
Roberto

Upvote 0