Android Question Firebase Notification in Huawei

Keith Yong

Licensed User
Longtime User
May I know is there any solution for this? Currently only Huawei phone not able to receive the notification.

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
New Huawei devices come without Google Services, Firebase Services are also unavailable.
Huawei got their own service for Push notification.
If device have Google Play then problem is somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
File agconnect-services.json need to be converted into resources.
Currently no solution for this. Without solution for this issue it's not possible to create wrapper for B4A.

Upvote 0

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Already described problem in previous post.
Wrapping library is not problem, convert agconnect-services.json to resources is problem.

Upvote 0

Keith Yong

Licensed User
Longtime User
Already described problem in previous post.
Wrapping library is not problem, convert agconnect-services.json to resources is problem.
Noted. Huawei's user keep increasing, will B4a development team try to do anything for it in order to overcome this problem?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
File agconnect-services.json need to be converted into resources.
Currently no solution for this. Without solution for this issue it's not possible to create wrapper for B4A.
I'm pretty sure that it can be solved with a small B4J utility + a comment link.

Can you upload such json file and post the expected resources?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that the solution is here:

1603010224805.png

You can load the raw json file directly. You can do it with inline Java code or in your library. Pass an InputStream instead of context.getAssets(). This will allow it to work in debug mode.

I see that someone has already did something similar: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ethod-found-for-oncreate-no-arguments.114663/

Upvote 0

Keith Yong

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe that the solution is here:

View attachment 101668

You can load the raw json file directly. You can do it with inline Java code or in your library. Pass an InputStream instead of context.getAssets(). This will allow it to work in debug mode.

I see that someone has already did something similar: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ethod-found-for-oncreate-no-arguments.114663/

Thanks Erel. Can I have the sample project for better understanding?

Upvote 0