Other Firebase Notifications & Firebase Auth Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
There were two issues recently with FirebaseNotifications and FirebaseAuth. Both issues were resolved. The purpose of this post is to make things clear as you will find older posts with now incorrect solutions.

The correct solution is:

1. Open B4A Sdk Manager and update all recommended items (including firebase-auth).
2. Update FirebaseAuth and FirebaseAnalytics: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/updates-to-internal-libraries.59340/#post-596101
3. If you are using B4A v8.00 or below then you should update FirebaseNotifications: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/updates-to-internal-libraries.59340/#post-592335
4. If you are using B4A v8.0+ then you should make sure to use the new CreateResourceFromFile macro feature to add the snippets.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/integrating-firebase-services.67692/#content
If you are using an older version then you should go over the snippets and copy them to your manifest editor. Some of them were updated.

Remember to copy the internal libraries to the internal libraries folder.

R D Boozer

Licensed User
Erel,
Is the above mentioned problem the reason Firebase Analytics have not been feeding me any "Installs by user" data for the last few days? See the attached screen shot to see what I am talking about. I am using the latest version 8.30 of B4A.
Anyway I have updated all items in the SDK Manager and made sure the CreateResourceFromFile macro feature is referenced in the Manifest (I had correctly inserted the reference in the Manifest long ago and I changed nothing since then). Also, I don't know what you expect me to do with the stuff in step 2 above.
Regards,
Rick Boozer

Upvote 0

johndb

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
Is the above mentioned problem the reason Firebase Analytics have not been feeding me any "Installs by user" data for the last few days? See the attached screen shot to see what I am talking about. I am using the latest version 8.30 of B4A.
Anyway I have updated all items in the SDK Manager and made sure the CreateResourceFromFile macro feature is referenced in the Manifest (I had correctly inserted the reference in the Manifest long ago and I changed nothing since then). Also, I don't know what you expect me to do with the stuff in step 2 above.
Regards,
Rick Boozer
Download the zip file in step 2. Unzip the file. Copy the contents - 4 files (FirebaseAnalytics.jar. FirebaseAnalytics.xml, FirebaseAuth.jar, FirebaseAuth.xml) to the B4A "Internal" libraries folder. Make sure that you remove the files by the same name from your "external" libraries folder if you had previously installed the libraries there.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Make sure that you remove the files by the same name from your "external" libraries folder if you had previously installed the libraries there.
Not critical as internal libraries have higher priority.

Is the above mentioned problem the reason Firebase Analytics have not been feeding me any "Installs by user" data for the last few days?
No. This update fixes crashes related to changes in the Firebase SDK.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.