Android Question Firebase notifications with Desktop App.

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

Good days,
I built "sender app." and "receiver app." and work very well ( receiver receive notifications even mobile in sleep mode ), thanks Erel.

Can I build "desktop receiver app." that can receive same notifications (that sent from mobile),
- Even the desktop app in running mode, or in off mode (app, not started yet).
- Even desktop app. built by VB.net or C#,...

The current state:
- Sender (mobile app. ) ------------------> Receiver ( mobile app. ) .... this work very well

The requested condition is:
- Sender ( mobile app. ) -------------------> Desktop ?????

Thanks in advance
best regards

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A possible solution may be:

You can create a Server App with B4J. Let the Server send the Notifications to android and iOS. Also implement MQTT-Broker in the Server and Publish the Notifications to a MQTT Channel for other Platforms.

In Windows you use an MQTT Client which listen to the correct MQTT Topic to get the Notification using the MQTT Protocol.

This solution may also work with Arduino.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/mqtt.65669/

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear Mr. DonManfred

Really many thanks for your interest, and for your reply.
what you mean by:
Windows MQTT Client ? and
How can I add it inside desktop app (say C# or VB.net) ?

Best regards

Upvote 0

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Manfred has the best solution for what you are wishing to do.

Search the forum for MQTT - There ia a lot of information and links to various tutorials.

Learn first what is MQTT and then follow the examples. You will be surprised how easy it is to implement.

Good luck !!!

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for all interest.

Dear KMatle, thanks for your interest, I thing in your solution before (using old phone), but the working with mobile need many problems, that i need to run it forever with any human interface, while the mobile if closed for any thing you must re-open it, also in the notification receiver procedure you can make more function like connecting to other hardware say using wifi/bluetooth,...

so, one of my trail, i used box (android based), it is work in hard work, but it not initialized with notifications even after enabling it,

and try many times to run Raspberry PI 3 with android but it is not installed with android correctly, I test many many images.

if you have any other solution ?
best regards

Upvote 0