iOS Tutorial FirebaseNotifications / Push Messages (server not required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

can this pushtoken change ? Or is it always the same for a single user ?

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It can change.
So how can I store every users token for customized notifications , I need to send a notification to a single user if some thing happens , and I store each users token in db.

b4auser1

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can save to the db not token, but personal unique name of user, f.e. username or email. App should subscribe to both topics: common for all users and personal (unique) for the user with name unique. If you need to send message to all users, then use general topic name, otherwise - personal (unique) for the user topic name.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it would make too many topics , lets say we have 1000 active users , wouldn't be it a problem ?

b4auser1

Licensed User
Longtime User
it would make too many topics , lets say we have 1000 active users , wouldn't be it a problem ?

"There is no limitation on the number of topics or subscriptions. There was a limitation of 1 million subscriptions for the first year after topics was initially launched but that restriction was removed at this year's (2016) Google I/O. FCM now supports unlimited topics and subscribers per app. See the docs for confirmation."
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...er-of-topics-a-device-can-subscribe-to-in-fcm

"Topic messaging supports unlimited topics and subscriptions for each app."
https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/android/topic-messaging
https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/ios/topic-messaging

hongbii khaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I got an error message:
What can i do?
Thank you.

hongbii khaw

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought sending tool will be same as the android thing.!!!
Am sorry now it works..
So iOS sending tool have more data fields in the json write?..and that's the issue I was facing..!
Hi,
I think I have the same issue with u since I'm not using the b4j sending tools.
Can you share with me how you solve this problem?
Thank you.

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Quick question, please !

When I create an Apple Push Services Production Certificate, it is not showing when I try to create a distribution ad-hoc distribution profile? Only the ios Distribution certificates are available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am tearing out what hair I have left, getting the notifications to work !!

regards

Neil

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
See the video tutorial. The provision profile goes with the distribution certificate note with the SSL certificate.

Thanks Erel, I have watched it a few times, but will do so again! Am I right in saying then, that the Apple Push certificate is only used to download and create the p12 file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…