Android Question Fix - jarsigner error

steele2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

The following error is preventing me from compiling:

Signing package file (private key). Error

jarsigner error: java.security.InvalidKeyException: The security strength of SHA-1 digest algorithm is not sufficient for this key size

Have already tried to download the Java 8u102 as advised but it's out of date and won't download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Kevin

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

steele2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
The SDK is installed and running fine and will let me compile without a private key, but when I put in the signature key in it won't compile and comes up with the error stated above.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I still wasn't able to reproduce it here, though there is no doubt that there is an issue here. If you can please send me your private key to [email protected].

1. Which version of Java are you currently using?
2. When have you created the key?

Have already tried to download the Java 8u102 as advised but it's out of date and won't download.
What prevents you from downloading it?

Upvote 0

steele2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've finally installed the Java 102 and now receiving the following error:

javac 1.8.0_102
src\b4a\example\starter.java:88: error: cannot find symbol
super.onTaskRemoved(rootIntent);
^
symbol: method onTaskRemoved(Intent)
1 error

Upvote 0

ZenWhisk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Helllllp!!!
I was trying to get google maps to work. And somehow disrupted the private key on my actual in production app !!!

So tried to make a new key and got the jarsigner error: java.security.InvalidKeyException error as above.

Running b4a 7.3 and java 1.8.0_152

I cannot recover my old keystore, so was trying to make a new one. I seem to be digging myself deeper and deeper today :-(

Upvote 0