Android Question [FIXED] B4A Bridge disconnecting ?

svanneste

Licensed User
Hi,
I upgraded to B4A 12.0 and I'm no more able to connect B4A to B4A Bridge (2.65) on a Moto 30 Neo (Android 12).
It connects some seconds then disconnects.

The router did not change. The app on the phone was working previously.

The only thing that changed was a security update of the phone (android patches until september 1st) in the same time of B4A's update.

Do you have an idea, maybe ? Thanks

svanneste

Licensed User
Hi,
You assumed right of course and thanks a lot for your idea. I have tried what you suggested by closing all, uninstalling, restarting the router, etc. But no luck on that part.
The best I got with a fresh install of B4A bridge was its Main activity going on the top of the other apps while put in the background.

I will try using the source code of B4A bridge. Maybe some errors could be printed in its logs. I'll send more information.

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Have you got an easy way of running the previous version of B4A itself? Like, could you temporarily rename the B4A directory in "C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software" and restore the previous version and see if that connects to your phone any better?

Lol I've just discovered:

1668856911575.png

so perhaps I should tidy up my own front yard first before advising others. šŸ™ƒ

Upvote 0

svanneste

Licensed User
Thanks @Erel. But there is no other instance of B4A running. I restarted the computer. I don't think it"s on B4A side but more on the update of the phone (maybe). Reason why I asked for some idea (if any and after having searched the forum).
The behavior is, at the bottom of B4A window : connecting, disconnecting, etc.

I will try to find other fix (maybe) and maybe with the source of B4A Bridge i could see anything in the logs. Thanks again

Upvote 0

epiCode

Licensed User
Thanks @Erel. But there is no other instance of B4A running. I restarted the computer. I don't think it"s on B4A side but more on the update of the phone (maybe). Reason why I asked for some idea (if any and after having searched the forum).
The behavior is, at the bottom of B4A window : connecting, disconnecting, etc.

I will try to find other fix (maybe) and maybe with the source of B4A Bridge i could see anything in the logs. Thanks again
Mostly it is due to multiple copies of B4a trying to connect as Erel pointed out, however, check if you have any other application which runs its own copy of adb.exe or aggressively kills those started by other processes.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Hi,
I upgraded to B4A 12.0 and I'm no more able to connect B4A to B4A Bridge (2.65) on a Moto 30 Neo (Android 12).
It connects some seconds then disconnects.

The router did not change. The app on the phone was working previously.

The only thing that changed was a security update of the phone (android patches until september 1st) in the same time of B4A's update.

Do you have an idea, maybe ? Thanks
Did you connect to b4a bridge after opening a project?

Upvote 0

svanneste

Licensed User
Does B4ABridge still work on and connect from other phones?
Yes it's connecting to another phone.

And it is fixed now. Here is how I did (it can be reproduced as I played it twice).
- I uninstalled B4A Bridge 2.65
- reboot the phone
- reinstall the BA4 bridge app
- let B4A Bridge app on STOP
- initiate the connection to the B4A bridge IP from B4A
- put B4A Bridge app on START

Then it will connect. After that, it will connect without any other trouble.
Hope it can help someone in the future

Upvote 0