Android Question FloatLabeledEditText - How to change background color and make borders visible

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am using the FloatLabeledEditText view and have set the Base Background to ColorDrawable = White (#FFFFFFFF) and the Border Color = Black (#FF000000), but when i run it the view is transparent with no border. Pl's see attached screen shot. I set the values in the designer and am using the views in a save dialog.

What I wish to do is:

1. Make the background of the edit box white alpha = 1.0
  2. Make the border visible, width 2dpi and color dark gray
  3. Make the cursor black
  4. Make the cancel and save button text larger, bold and black

I need this as the phone is being used in the vegetable garden in sunlight and thus needs good contrast.

Best regards

Rob

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-08-09-48-53-00.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 224

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I need this as the phone is being used in the vegetable garden in sunlight and thus needs good contrast
Have you taken a look at B4XFloatTextField customview in XUI Views library. It is a much newer version of FloatLabel. You can set many of its properties via designer and programmatically. You can also expose the native edittext like this: For instance:
B4X:
Dim et As EditText = B4XFloatTextField1.TextField 'expose native view to give it a nice full border and rounded corner 
    Dim cd As ColorDrawable
    cd.initialize2(XUI.Color_ARGB(1,255,255,255),10dip, 5dip,XUI.Color_DarkGray)
    et.Background=cd

Upvote 0

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Thank's for that.

Will give it a go.

Do you know if anyone posted a working example using this lib?

Best regards

Rob

Upvote 0

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. Erel has. Search xui views

The Visible and Enabled Properties can be set in designed for these views, but these properties don't seem to be available in the code? Am I missing somethin?

Best regards

Rob

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…