Android Question Fonts? How to access from Designer?

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
How can we use more font's in our apps? Can we add more to be available or selected from within the Designer?
Thanks,
schemer

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ahhhh, ok. Thanks for the link and info. More reading. :D But I love to read.
schemer
Ok, so I was testing some fonts and of course the first one I test does not work, although some I tried after work fine. Are there limits to which fonts will work? If so, what are the rules or is it a trial and error thing?
Thanks,
schemer

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Normally all TTF fonts should work with no problems. Also, in the visual designer, if you add a font file to your folder and to the designer, as you would do for an image file, it becomes available in the text typeface properties of the view

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Normally all TTF fonts should work with no problems. Also, in the visual designer, if you add a font file to your folder and to the designer, as you would do for an image file, it becomes available in the text typeface properties of the view

Well that is good to know. The first one I tried that did not work was Dragbd__.ttf and others I tried did. I don't need that font but it was just a test and of course I grabbed the one that doesn't work. :eek: Does the AVD used make a difference whereas the font may work on an actual device? I was using the Nexus_7_2012_API_21 (Android 5.0.1 ARM armeabi-v7a).
Thanks,
schemer

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well that is good to know. The first one I tried that did not work was Dragbd__.ttf and others I tried did. I don't need that font but it was just a test and of course I grabbed the one that doesn't work.
schemer
Did you rename the font? Maybe the designer doesn't like the underscore

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you rename the font? Maybe the designer doesn't like the underscore

Yes, I tried that first. I removed the 2 underscores and changed it to all small letters. When I ran it, it just looked like a default font and not the Dragbd__.ttf font.
schemer

Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Don't use the emulator at all. It is slow and unreliable.

Does the font work on a real device?
I didn't try the real device yet as I have been using the emulator while I learn all the differences from VB to B4A. I will try that and report back.
Thanks,
schemer

edit: YES it does work on my real device. :) That is good to know that the emulator is unreliable but the device is not.
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
A little bit off topic but, you are doing it wrong, you should learn how to use B4A not the "differences" between VB and B4A.
I guess what I meant to say is learning B4A but figuring out the naming convention changes on things like a combobox in VB is a spinner in B4A. :p
Thanks,
schemer

Upvote 0