Wish Forms builder in IDE

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by DroidLyon, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:37 AM.

1. DroidLyon

DroidLyon Member Licensed User

Hi

Is it possible to add Forms builder as a menu item in main IDE and hence have the ability to create the json form directly into the project File folder?
    (rather than currently externally call Forms builder jar, create or search for form, copy or save it to a project folder and so on ..

And optionally for a bonus point :eek:, - as with the bal forms "(open designer)" link in file manager, a link "Open in forms builder" for the json templates ?

As usual I don't know whether this is feasible (or sensible) :)

AnandGupta likes this.
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

The forms builder will always be an external tool as it is written in B4J and is based on B4XPreferenceDialog. You don't need to copy the files. You can modify them in the project folder directly.

DroidLyon likes this.
  3. DroidLyon

DroidLyon Member Licensed User

Understand now.

Just tried and for example in my files folder I can right click on the json form to firstly "configure external editors" and by doing this create a forms builders menu item "Open with Forms builders 1.65", and then right click on json form again to Open with Forms builders 1.65

Great stuff :) !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice