Forum Members and Covid-19

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
it is all invented by the government to control the people
Whaaaaaat - - - the UN the EU the AU (what/who else) plus 188 country governments! THAT would be a feat of coordination TinTin Trump dreams about achieving.

O, wait, sorry he's not a politician. So a feat an "army" of politicians dream of achieving.....

party-on-sick-people party-on.....

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
Update from Victoria in Australia.

We are very lucky here to have good governments. But even so, the numbers are going up. Today in Victoria is 275 new cases, but we had over 400 on one day over the weekend. We too are "managing" the small number of people who either don't believe COVID-19 is true, or foolishly and selfishly believe it won't affect them. Obviously they don't realise they can carry it back to their family.

I have accepted that working from home is the new normal for me, until such time as a reliable vaccine is developed. I expect that will be 18 months to 2 years. However I'm not so confident that I will be able to travel internationally anytime within the next few years at least.

I hope everyone is staying safe and waiting for the world to move past this very strange and dangerous time.

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Update from Victoria in Australia.
the small number of people who either don't believe COVID-19 is true, or foolishly and selfishly believe it won't affect them.
You mean this small number of Einsteins? 🥳

2020-07-02 Coronavirus Coincidence.jpg

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was in Antwerp the first weekend of March for an event; by then, things were starting to lock down in Italy, but in Belgium events were still allowed to happen, and in the absence of an instruction from the government, cancelling would have caused the organisers a massive loss.

I spent the weekend being very cautious, with a stash of hand gel on the stand where we were exhibiting, and avoiding the social side of the weekend in favour of eating in my hotel room. Very glad I did - because one guy that I know and saw over the weekend was absolutely fine on the Sunday evening, and then dead from Covid by the following Friday. Another person who came by our stand caught it, but recovered.

So, as soon as I heard that there had been people infected at the event, I started isolating at home, in case I spread anything. Fortunately, I was fine, but I consider it a pretty close escape. By the time I'd done two weeks in isolation, the whole UK lockdown had started, and since then I've barely been out - it's easy enough to get most things delivered in London, thankfully, and I have a garden I can sit in to stop myself going mad.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Whaaaaaat - - - the UN the EU the AU (what/who else) plus 188 country governments!

yeah, and for some reason, people think that Bill Gates is behind all of that. https://www.bbc.com/news/52847648
in my work one guy got infected and they sent all people that work in that section to guarantee. and people in my work argue with me that all of it is fake and bill gates is behind it and i say even if bill gates is behind it or any other billionaire (what in my opinion is really ridicules) agree with me that there is a real virus and we should be careful. but the problem is that you hear in the tv professors and doctors saying it is all fake so what can u expect from those people. :mad:

in my opinion, if a doctor or someone that has a big influence talks like this on the tv it is much worse than a sick guy goes out and infect other people.

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some problems solve themselves. 🍻
That’s not so simple.
people acting carelessly, put others in danger, not only themselves.
as a metaphor, it’s not like driving recklessly on a lonely road, where if you crash, you’ll die alone, but rather driving at high speed in a pedestrian area.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm watcthing:

(on TV, full version, italian).

They (the two protagonist) say things like:

"Don't you think you're exaggerating?"
"It all seems unreal" (on the Austrian streets people were terrified).

It was Ebola.

About Ebola:
The largest Ebola outbreak occurred in West Africa in early 2014, affected in particular by Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria, which ended in 2016. The largest Congolese outbreak killed 245 individuals in 1995 in Kikwit.

and:
An Ebola vaccine, rVSV-ZEBOV, was approved in the United States in December 2019.

Last edited:

pierino25

Licensed User
I am of the province in Bergamo, the most stricken in absolute but surely I won't make me vaccinate because when a vaccine will be found, the virus will already be changed and therefore useless but if you are vaccinated yourself they have injected you to them a lot of filths
I apologize for the English, I don't speak it, use a translator

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am of the province in Bergamo, the most stricken in absolute but surely I won't make me vaccinate because when a vaccine will be found, the virus will already be changed and therefore useless but if you are vaccinated yourself they have injected you to them a lot of filths
I apologize for the English, I don't speak it, use a translator
There is no certainty that the virus will have changed so much that the vaccine will no longer have an effect. Also, once you find the way to a vaccine, changing it based on the changes in the virus won't be very complicated.

What worried me was the first test, carried out on volunteers between 18 and 55 years old; it is well known that most of the dead are over 55, as their immune defenses are weaker, so it seems to me a very invalid test.

Last edited:

Alessandro71

Licensed User
Longtime User
Everybody has suddenly got an master degree in medical science during the lockdown?
Better leave all this kind of evaluations to those who have such competence, as we don’t accept coding style advices from politicians...

alian712

Here in Italy, as you probably know, the pandemic started immediately after China.

It mainly affected northern Italy, in particular the Lombardy (Lombardia) region (its capital is Milan (Milano)) and criminal proceedings are underway because serious errors have almost certainly been made (many witnesses say that in some private clinics and rest homes it was imposed on the health personnel of do not wear masks to... not frighten the patients!).

From central Italy down very few cases ever.
View attachment 97264

View attachment 97265

After the lockdown, however, people started to think it was all over and there are small outbreaks of infection. I fear this will get worse, because everything is still risky.

According to some scientists, the sun's UVA rays destroy or at least devitalize the virus. I hope to make a mistake, but in September I think the cases will start to increase again.

However, if you want to spend your holidays in Rome or in southern Italy :), you can come safely (assuming you can come, because there is currently a list of countries for which entry into Italy is prohibited).
wow, very sad, my praiers to the Lord for your country. I hope to make my citizenship soon and visit Italy and find a relative of mine (I am a descendant of the Loforte family)

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Denmark it is going very well. Our early lockdown, probably the first after Italy, quickly knocked the spread of the virus down and cases has been very, very low for a long time now. There are several days, sometimes a week or more, between COVID-19 related deaths. And only about 17 people are hospitalized with 3 in intensive care.

We almost don't feel we are in a pandemic - of course we keep the distance and there is hand disinfection everywhere, but besides that everything is almost normal. Only occasionally you'll see people wearing masks in Denmark, and most likely these persons are vulnerable in some way due to chronic illnesses.

However, there is a slight increase in infections now. Probably due to people getting more relaxed, more people travelling abroad and more tourist coming here. The increase is not too worrying so far, but something we need to keep an eye on.

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
No new cases in the Isle of Man now for more than 2 months, although we did have several hundred cases and around 30 deaths. Living on an island has many advantages. We were able to close our borders almost completely and make any returning residents quarantine for 14 days. Our lock-down was almost total, restricting us to just shopping trips and a small amount of exercise for about two months. In many ways, the Isle of Man is similar to New Zealand, but just on a much smaller scale. Like them, we have to hope that the increasing number of people coming through the border now that the restrictions are easing all maintain their quarantines and there isn't another outbreak. I have regular customers who winter in South Africa and their experiences are very different from ours and they are stuck there for an unknown period of time.

Our thoughts should all be with countries where the virus seems to be spreading almost without control. It feels very strange for me, when we are living and working virtually without restrictions, to see other countries having to consider lock-downs once more. Two months away from my day job was actually pretty hard, even with government paying a contribution, but I had plenty of time for some programming and even managed to write that book about my travels that I always promised I would complete one day.

Assuming a vaccine is probably still 9-12 months away from general availability and may have only limited effect, I don't expect to be travelling until the end of next year. Fortunately, my work in day-to-day PC support is now possible once again and not travelling is a great way to save up!