Forum Members and Covid-19

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone.
I would like to know how you are on the forum now with the covid-19.

Unfortunately in Brazil it is complicated, many cases ...
I luckily had no contact with the disease, I'm taking care of myself ...

How are you all, did anyone here on the forum test positive for the disease?

Unfortunately, a Brazilian member of the forum died.

My feelings to his family, unfortunately, I was displeased to see his daughter contact me to communicate.

Really sad, that everyone take care of this disease!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very sad.

The situation in Israel is not too optimistic right now, we are in the middle of a second wave, worst than the previous one:

1594826052457.png

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very sad.

The situation in Israel is not too optimistic right now, we are in the middle of a second wave, worst than the previous one:

View attachment 97191
wow.

I had made this tool and today I was comparing the before and after of my country.

the top image is from March 23 and the bottom today (30 minutes ago).
antigo.jpg
novo.png

even with all this, here in brazil many people are ignoring the quarantine, not wearing a mask, leaving the house, partying and agglomerating.
sad.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in New York, our governor closed everything down, and is very slowly opening up businesses while monitoring the data, and if the chart starts to tick up, he starts to close things down again.

Apparently this method has worked to keep new cases low. We actually went from the worse state in the US of new cases, to one of the best.

new york covid cases chart.png

Last edited:

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Australia we were in a good position by using our "island" status to limit incoming travelers to Australian citizens/permanent residents only and at that, having them undertake mandatory Government funded 14 day quarantine in hotels. Many of our 8 states even went to the extent of protecting our internal borders to limit inadvertent transmission across the country. By early June we were down to just a "handful" of new cases per day and in some states, none for several weeks. So in several states restrictions have been relaxed and so within those, life is returning to a new "COVID-normal".

Unfortunately we have seen a "second wave", particularly in the states of Victoria (where I live) and New South Wales, the two most populous states. Of recent days in Victoria we have seen around 150-300 new cases per day and so have gone back to a more severe lockdown after commencing a loosening of restrictions. We hope to see the effect of that return to lockdown with lower new cases in coming days. Fortunately we are seeing low death rates - around 1 per day - a total of 110 deaths for a population of 25 million.

But the public are quite angry because it seems that this "second wave" may have been triggered by inadequate practices in the hotel quarantine system that allowed the virus to "leak" out of what was meant to be our first line of defence. There is a judicial investigation about to commence to see if that was the case, but that counts for little given the situation we now face.

Data source
Australian new case data:

1594864783619.png

Victorian new case data:

1594864838052.png

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I luckily had no contact with the disease, I'm taking care of myself ...
I do had no contact with the disease too. I try to take care of myself for sure.

Lockdown is no problem for me; i´m a Computernerd; not going outside my Rooms is not really a problem for me ;-)

My best friend (i meet him once every week) is tested positively. But he did not die because of it; he just was ill for a time...

Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
What I glean from this thread

1. This virus lives outside hosts for longer than its thought.
2. Asymptomatic cases never show up in low testing and will be a problem unless, on Day-X, everyone on earth is tested.
3. The lag-time between testing, results availability and statistical reporting is very long.
4. Strategies based on 3. above work only with extreme difficulty.
5. Noboby really knows what the statistics for this are, even deaths are not true figures.
6. How does one solve the Politics-Economics-Human Behaviour triangle? When you can only join two points of the triangle. So if you join Politics and Human Behaviour its not going to be Economical similarly if you join Economics and Politics is it going to produce good Human Behaviour?

The normal triangle is good-cheap-quick. If its good and cheap it's not going to be quick etc etc..

StephenRM

Here in India, cases are increasing daily. Though, thankful to God, death rate is less. But people are committing suicide due to mental tension and stress. Lockdown is again initiated in some areas turn by turn. People suffering from hunger and starvation.
Hoping for the hope...

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In Turkey, we are flat right now march,april and may was very hard. Death rate is really low compared to other countries due to high number of hospitals and health workers in the country. I hope we don't get hit by second wave, there are no more restiricitons.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Germany all is good (except some hotspots). Many Germans still think that Corona isn't that worse and complain about wearing masks. Such a shame as people are dying in other countries. Pubs, restaurants, etc. are opened since a few weeks (with light restrictions) and we're free to travel in the EU plus the UK. So I'm thankful and my thoughts are with those from other countries.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Italy, as you probably know, the pandemic started immediately after China.

It mainly affected northern Italy, in particular the Lombardy (Lombardia) region (its capital is Milan (Milano)) and criminal proceedings are underway because serious errors have almost certainly been made (many witnesses say that in some private clinics and rest homes it was imposed on the health personnel of do not wear masks to... not frighten the patients!).

From central Italy down very few cases ever.
1594964774092.png

1594964961453.png

After the lockdown, however, people started to think it was all over and there are small outbreaks of infection. I fear this will get worse, because everything is still risky.

According to some scientists, the sun's UVA rays destroy or at least devitalize the virus. I hope to make a mistake, but in September I think the cases will start to increase again.

However, if you want to spend your holidays in Rome or in southern Italy :), you can come safely (assuming you can come, because there is currently a list of countries for which entry into Italy is prohibited).

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Here, and in Africa, statistics are not published at the local level. So it's hard to tell. My post in #8 lines 3 4n5 say it. It is possible to get regional and local statistics if you 'know' who and how.

General impression is that our infection rate has shot up since relaxing lockdown but the deaths are low by comparison with other countries.

It would appear that we are still first wave. And predicted to get bad around August September. At present the graphs one does see doesn't show flattening on any level. It just keeps going up which brings the fear that a second wave would come in the new year.
I was told last night that pandemics come in three waves and that we might all be in the second anyway. That is because the virus first wave is the very low level rate of spread that may have started early in 2019.

We don't get those graphs either other than John's Hopkins site.

Business is trying and public behaviour is, in our town, compliant, but 90% of restaurants have closed permanently and any number of other bankruptcy standing in line.

But we all have to give our thoughts to the *American forum members* who are really in the dangerous place within their 4th World State. Even my dumbass politicians are at least pointed in the right direction and we hold them to account even if people repeatedly vote their party into power......

TODAY
1595018346219.png

TESTING

1595018484018.png

Attachments

• 1595018133557.png
    1595018133557.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
AND, that's a Stardate and @Erel is on the Enterprise hitchhiking a ride through the galaxy. . . finds the Stargate . . . . and ends up Plop! on your couch.

He Can do that you know? (put commas into that phrasewhereeveryouwantto)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it is unbelievable that more then 600k people died in about 6 months from this disease and millions lost their jobs but there are still people saying there is no COVID 19. it is all invented by the government to control the people. there are even covid19 parties where people go to get infected to prove that there is no such thing as COVID 19.
lots of them are now dead.