Wish Forum wish: Search inside thread + longer pages

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
[ There is no category for this wish so I put it here ]

I find it very difficult to look for specific information in long threads such like this about push notifications. You have to meticulously click through all pages and look for what you need. It is tedious and error prone and could lead to users asking the same question again.

I really would like either a way to search the current thread only (not the entire forum) and/or a custom page length so we can see all post on the same page and then simply use Ctrl-F.

Don't know if it is possible at all with this specific forum, but it would be very useful.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
I completely agree with you!.
I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this search difficulty is also the responsibility of us forum members, who despite the warning that it is an old thread, continue to ask new questions, even the same ones as you mention, instead of opening a new one with the specific title and appropriate tags.
This situation is even more embarrassing in prefixed threads as Libraries.
I think it should be promoted (or perhaps forced by automatic closing) that this practice is avoided.
Thanks.

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
It wouldn't have looked like this if it was newer.

No, but there is still valuable information hidden in those long threads.

There is no reason to limit your search to this thread.

Yes, there were actually. I was looking for how to push to only individual users, something I knew for sure must be found somewhere in the thread. And indeed it was, around page 9 or 10.

I have had the same need before in other threads. Finding something specific almost certain to exist in the thread.

Actually, thinking about it, a way to see the full thread would probably be the most versatile solution if possible.

Last edited: