iOS Question From Apple: 2.5 - Apps that use non-public APIs will be rejected

Klein

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

i upload my app to itunes connect. Apple rejects the application.

From Apple
  • 2.5 - Apps that use non-public APIs will be rejected
Thank you for your resubmission.

2.5 Details

However, your app uses or references the following non-public APIs, which is a violation of the App Store Review Guidelines:

Synthesizing superclass ivars

The use of non-public APIs is not permitted in the App Store because it can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change.

Next Steps...

I do not know where I have to look for the error :(

Klein

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unbenannt.PNG

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you using B4i v2.0? If yes then it is recommended to download the ipa file (archive actually) to the PC with Download last build and then extract the ipa file from the archive.

This way the ipa file will include crash symbols.

About the error, I've sent you a temporary user id for the remote builder. Please try it again after compiling the ipa with the remote builder.

Upvote 0

Klein

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

yes, i can upload the file but the warning comes every time. The app will be removed from Testflight (after a few days). Application Loader Version 3.1 (670).

Upvote 0

Klein

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to make the app for external beta testers available (TestFlight System). Apple makes a check before it is available for beta testers.

Apple rejects this application

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I wrote, the B4i libraries do not make any private call.

It is possible that by chance one of your variable names confuses Apple automatic tests and causes this error.

There are other ways to send tests to beta testers. Up until now no one has encountered this issue when uploading to the app store. So it is worth trying it. You can even submit it without publishing.

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you using B4i v2.0? If yes then it is recommended to download the ipa file (archive actually) to the PC with Download last build and then extract the ipa file from the archive.

This way the ipa file will include crash symbols.

About the error, I've sent you a temporary user id for the remote builder. Please try it again after compiling the ipa with the remote builder.

Erel, so, you recommend to download from the Mac to the PC, that zip file, extracting the ipa, then... upload again to the Mac, because I don't know other tools than Xcode or Application Loader which are Mac Os Tools, is that specific to Hosted Mac builder, or a regular way to publish ipa, or do I miss something.
In my case, I use Application Loader, and I Upload the ipa directly...

Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not open this zip file on the Mac and extract (always on the Mac) the ipa file? Why transferring the zip to the PC???

Upvote 0