Frustration :(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How many times did that happend to you that after you almost finish your project you discover that there are to many similar apps on the app store??

I thought i had the ultimate idea but it seems like another 200 devs had the same ultimate idea :(

2 month work on something that may not even cross 100 downloads.

I should have checked that before i started this project (what i normaly do) but i dont know why i have passed that step this time :confused:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How many times did that happend to you that after you almost finish your project you discover that there are to many similar apps on the app store??

each time so I check it first...

but if I recall right it was you among others who said to finish and release it anyway as people might like it more than the others.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will release it anyway but it is frustrating when you think you will have an unique app and then you disvover it is not at all unique.

Although i think my app is much more user friendly the others i saw... :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can't predict the success of an app unfortunately.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not studying what others have created and try to add that small piece of code to distinguish your app from the others and make it cooler than them ?
Sometimes it takes only 5mn to find it

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not studying what others have created and try to add that small piece of code to distinguish your app from the others and make it cooler than them ?
Sometimes it takes only 5mn to find it

I have not tried any of them since i only checked today for any app like mine.
And i have already published mine. It is not 100% finished but for the first version it is ok.

I made it like i think such app should be and it seems like it will still have his unique app experience. So maybe it could become a well downloaded app :) (only maybe :rolleyes:)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

How many? Zero, because I know, I'm sure that an app similar (equal) to the one I SHOULD develop does not exist!

But I'm frustrated because I had this idea a year and a half ago and I have devoted very little time to it (and I wasted so much time for nonsense).

A pragmatic person at this time would be earning thousands of dollars per month, likely.

I want to give me hammering on my skull, to see if it improves its functionality :D:(

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Its difficult thinking of a unique idea for an app - hence there being so many of the same in the stores. Some of my apps I did the research first, of course I found there were apps with the same ideas, but I tried to improve on those. This may be by making the experience better, such as by making the interface clearer, or by combining features found in several of the other apps. My latest app, the Tyre Pressure one, I didnt even look if there were others, I was sure there would be, but I wanted this app for my own use and to be arranged in my own way. It took me about two weeks to write and so far, its been my 2nd biggest success.

I suppose it matters more if you depend on the income from apps. I do to a degree, but I enjoy writing them. That means my efforts are never wasted.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Its difficult thinking of a unique idea for an app - hence there being so many of the same in the stores. Some of my apps I did the research first, of course I found there were apps with the same ideas, but I tried to improve on those. This may be by making the experience better, such as by making the interface clearer, or by combining features found in several of the other apps. My latest app, the Tyre Pressure one, I didnt even look if there were others, I was sure there would be, but I wanted this app for my own use and to be arranged in my own way. It took me about two weeks to write and so far, its been my 2nd biggest success.

I suppose it matters more if you depend on the income from apps. I do to a degree, but I enjoy writing them. That means my efforts are never wasted.

Actually i dont make apps only if i think that it will be the next big hit i make apps that i really enjoy making them (and also apps where i use new b4x features to increase my coding knowledge), i just hope that one day the hard work will be paid off.

Btw here is a short video about my new app
(it is not finished, only the first version, i am working on the "community" section where you will be able to share your creations (mysql db))

Tell me what you think :)

Ohanian

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
can you share the gif generation lib or code?

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually i dont make apps only if i think that it will be the next big hit i make apps that i really enjoy making them (and also apps where i use new b4x features to increase my coding knowledge), i just hope that one day the hard work will be paid off.

I sense a little contradiction there ;) A question for you to answer in your own mind - in what way would you like the hard work to be paid off?

ilan said:
Btw here is a short video about my new app
(it is not finished, only the first version, i am working on the "community" section where you will be able to share your creations (mysql db))

Tell me what you think :)

The interface is meticulous - well done! I would ask myself - would people think of using a mobile device to do this?

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
For a good app; but recently I (we) discovered that there are very stupid (and easy to develop) apps which obtained million downloads.

Before sleeping I can have dozens ideas for simple, stupid unpublished apps.

I also think there is no such thing as "stupid" money. If people want to pay for stupid apps, write them. You/I/we are not their judge (or accountant).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really like the old 8 bit pixel art so i decided to make this app. You even can create sprites on this app for your libgdx games :D

Need to finish the community section and maybe it could become a hit with good promotion :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User