Share My Creation Future Notes - iOS

Hello All,

Today I can announce the iOS version of my Android app, Future Notes.

Now you don't have to worry about remembering when to send those important text or email messages, such as birthday wishes. The app uses your Google/Gmail account to read contacts and email drafts. The first time you run your app and try to compose a text, it will take you to Google's sign-in page and to grant the app the permission to read your contacts. The same goes with Gmail drafts.

I haven't yet submitted my app to the app store. I would like to have a few people test it on their devices to make sure everything is working before I do so. I am sharing my TestFlight link below and once I have got a few you kind people click the link and complete TestFlight registration(see below), I will build the app with your device's UDIDs to enable you to install it to your iPhones.

http://tflig.ht/1x6I7O8

TestFlight registration will take your device's UDID and register it to your account. And when you accept my invitation to test my apps on TestFlight, it will allow you to install my app's builds from TestFlight.

Many thanks.

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app has now been approved for beta testing by Apple but I still need a bit of help from you guys!

Can some of you please let me know if they are willing to test the app and I will send them an invite to be an external tester?

Thanks.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I want to be your tester. Just PM me what you need.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
its not working.... i opened the link you sent me via pm from my phone but no build...

its says that you need to accept me...

photo.PNG

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan,

I think the testflight thing is a little confusing(I am new to this after all) :) I accepted your request as soon as I got a notification that you clicked the link to register.

I have now added your device to my provisioning profile and uploaded the new build using that. So you should be able to get the build from the testflight web app on your browser.

Thanks for being patient :)

Regards,
Haris.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Ilan,

I think the testflight thing is a little confusing(I am new to this after all) :) I accepted your request as soon as I got a notification that you clicked the link to register.

I have now added your device to my provisioning profile and uploaded the new build using that. So you should be able to get the build from the testflight web app on your browser.

Thanks for being patient :)

Regards,
Haris.

ok i recived an email with an installation button but have not my iphone now, will do it after work... (sorry :))

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi harris i have installed your app.

sorry but i dont understand what the app does...
i am loged in via gmail account (if you would not tell me todo i wouldnot know that i need to do it) so first when the app start (only first time) you need to have a login window where the user need to log in via gmail account and also accept everything u ask him to..

then it would be nice if you would put a tutorial that explain what this app does (should be before the login window)

when i click on TEXT a new page opens with date picker and textfield, when i enter something on the textfield and then hide the keyboard i cannot see the save button correctly and also not the datepicker maybe you need to set after keyboard hide the right hight of the view you are changing...

there is also something wrong when i change from page 2 to page1
it seems like there is a little jump of the "No Messages" label...

photo.PNG

Last edited:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I still didn't receive your approval?

Haris Hafeez

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi harris i have installed your app.

sorry but i dont understand what the app does...
i am loged in via gmail account (if you would not tell me todo i wouldnot know that i need to do it) so first when the app start (only first time) you need to have a login window where the user need to log in via gmail account and also accept everything u ask him to..

then it would be nice if you would put a tutorial that explain what this app does (should be before the login window)

when i click on TEXT a new page opens with date picker and textfield, when i enter something on the textfield and then hide the keyboard i cannot see the save button correctly and also not the datepicker maybe you need to set after keyboard hide the right hight of the view you are changing...

there is also something wrong when i change from page 2 to page1
it seems like there is a little jump of the "No Messages" label...

View attachment 31339

Ilan,

Many thanks for your time. You are right I need to make it a little more clear as to what the app does. I was hoping that the text description about the app on the app store will be enough to help people understand :)

I will make a video as you have suggested.

The Google login needs to be on two separate pages. This is because reading a users contacts from Google and reading their drafts from Gmail requires two different types of authorizations(scopes). I cannot combine them into one unfortunately, at least I am not aware of how to do so after reading Google's Contacts and Gmail Drafts documentation.

The reason save button gets hidden when you type is because I show a list of matched contacts in a hidden list view when the user types. This list view disappears when you select one of the matched contacts from the list or if you delete all the text input in the To field. But it is a bug to cover the save button and it needs to be fixed.

And finally, the 'bump' on the main page is the default layout animation behaviour. I could have disabled it but left it there so that the app appears to be alive :)

Thanks a lot for your input. I really do appreciate your time.

Last edited: