Share My Creation [GAME] Asteroid Sprint

Hi all!

I just released my 9th game on the Play Store!
this one is a simple infinite runner where you shoot and dodge Asteroids, getting as high a score as you can before you die.
banner.png
Try it on the Play Store now:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...&rdid=uk.co.coffeeinducedgames.asteroidsprint

I welcome any feedback, it's using B4A and LibGDX, any questions on how it works are welcome.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, immersive mode was really easy to add! Thanks so much Erel.
I'm adding new features now and some juice (nice fades, some tweening, etc...)
A great video lecture to watch on juicing is here:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Guys! I've uplaoded a new version, new features:
Full screen Immersive mode
Alien attack ship
Drone power up
Rapid fire powerup
Faster gameplay
Cool screen-shake

Last edited:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great vid, thanks for sharing - plus they supply the source code behind it as well! :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
small review...

Menu: nice and stylish. the only thing I'm missing is an exit app icon somewhere.

Game: plays smooth and easy to control. Maybe a bit more variation enemy wise in a later version but I guess you're working on that already.

Well done, Andy.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Sorex,

thank you for the review. You're right, I am working to add more aliens. At first I wasn't going to have them at all, but after just dodging and shooting asteroids, it felt boring, so I added the alien which has improved the game. MY next step is to add more aliens. I also need to re-write the asteroid generation process to add more asteroids to make the game harder.
I did just finish an update which I've not published yet to work with different screen refresh rates. All my games so far have assumed a 60hz refresh rate. But one test device I have runs at 50hz, so my games don't run at the right speed. I'm using the lgdx.graphics.deltatime() function then times that by 1/60 to get the dt amount to multiple all my movements values per frame by, it seems to work, but I've not tested it on anything higher than 60hz yet.