Bug? Generate not working in B4J designer

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Anywhere Software,
I've noticed that in my B4J designer the 'Generate' Dialog/Members are no longer working when I click on them. They are working perfectly fine in B4A and B4i, just not in B4J. I've even tested this out with one of my B4X cross platform project right here on the forum, same thing happens, absolutely nothing in B4J. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled B4J, nothing (no generate members window).

Nothing happens when I select multiple views (in this case 5 buttons) and then click on Generate Dialog
1626176377026.png

Nothing is happening when I click on Generate Members
1626173522908.png

Or is it just me...

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Peter:

Working here with B4J 9.1.
Added five buttoms, selected them all, right click on "generate members" (idem via menu) and I get the dialog to add them.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It should work. Maybe it is started in a different monitor? Have you tried to restart the IDE?

Bingo, I've never noticed this before, then again I've never had to use it before, so thank you again @Erel as that did the trick (I think)šŸ‘
1626178385824.png

Restarting the IDE well, as I said previously I uninstalled and reinstalled B4J (twice), but the above reset (whatever is apparently does) did something.