Wish Git / Bitbucket Integration (Any Git )

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, we need integration with any git platform.
not SVN. SVN is an old integration of saving source.

Victor

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are other discussions on this forum about this. Probably even more wishlist entries, too.

I, for one, don't see the need for it integrated into the B4X suite. Our company and those outside programmers we deal with on projects just use third-party git clients for B4X and the other development tools we use (C/C++, C#, xBases, Cobol, Python, HTML, etc.). The advantage is that those third-party tools are far more powerful, flexible, and updated more regularly than any development-tool-integrated SVN/Git solution we've ever used. We run our own Git servers and are very pleased with how the third party git clients work for us. For example, to commit/push a full set of B4X project updates (4 B4J, 3 B4A, 1 B4I) later today, it's going to take me, literally, 5 clicks … and 2 of those are a double-click to start the git client!

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are other discussions on this forum about this. Probably even more wishlist entries, too.

I, for one, don't see the need for it integrated into the B4X suite. Our company and those outside programmers we deal with on projects just use third-party git clients for B4X and the other development tools we use (C/C++, C#, xBases, Cobol, Python, HTML, etc.). The advantage is that those third-party tools are far more powerful, flexible, and updated more regularly than any development-tool-integrated SVN/Git solution we've ever used. We run our own Git servers and are very pleased with how the third party git clients work for us. For example, to commit/push a full set of B4X project updates (4 B4J, 3 B4A, 1 B4I) later today, it's going to take me, literally, 5 clicks … and 2 of those are a double-click to start the git client!

Can you name thos git client?

thanks

Victor

AHilton

Licensed User
Longtime User
We run GitLab servers on Linux Ubuntu and for basic client needs most of us use GitHub Desktop and for more advanced needs it's SmartGit. That's part of what I meant about third-party Git clients being more flexible than in-programming-ide tools... you can use about any Git client for your needs on the same project whether you're an admin for the project needing advanced tools or just a contributor with basic needs.

victormedranop

Licensed User
Longtime User
excelenet, i will try with bitbucket.
i will let you know if i need some assistance.

thanks.

Victor