Share My Creation Go Left! LibGDX+Box2D+SB

Hi friends,

This is my first game i use Box2D collisions check and SB.

First i want to say a VERY BIG thanks to INFORMATIX for his great libs, for his great examples and for his patience...

I would never be able to make it without his help, so thank you very much fred :)

So this game is a really simple racing game where you need to stay on the road. You can only drive left (thatswhy the Name :D)

The games is running very smooth on my phone so if someone has any other experience please tell me..

Have fun and don't forgett, drive safe and to the left ;)

(PS: this is a very simple game, my next more complex LibGDX/Box2D/SB game will be soon available ;))

LINK: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.netgl

1.png

2.png 3.png 4.png

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey i have an idea for your next game, how about a game called................................................
Are you ready?

how about a game called
:cool::p:p:p:p:p

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey i have an idea for your next game, how about a game called................................................
Are you ready?

how about a game called
:cool::p:p:p:p:p

NO!!!!, in my next game you will be able to go right, left, forward, backward... just need to find the right name for this game :rolleyes:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You could expand this game to include some computer controlled cars, then you'd haver the basis for an INDY 500 type racing game.

this is a great idea @andymc, although i am not planing to put new stuff to this game because this game was only a learning example for me, this is the first time i use Box2D and SB and google play service Leaderboard. But your idea to put cars in it is very good.

I think the lap should look bigger and maybe put more levels with different roads, then making an INDY500 is a good idea.

do you know this site? http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/newmanhaasindycarfeaturingnigelmansell/

you can find there all the good ratro game sprites.
i like those games more then the new 3d stuff.. they where simple to play and fun, today you have games that are not recommendet for people with pacemaker :D

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, writing games using simple sprites is much easier (especially if you are like me can't draw very well).
I played a lot of 2D games with simple graphics when I was younger (I'm 35 now) and the games were just as fun as games today. In many ways games have not developed much besides the graphics getting more realistic. But the success of Minecraft, Angry birds, threes, crossy road, flappy bird, monument valley and vvvvvv show that good graphics are not required for a popular and fun game.

Good luck with your games, you obviously work much harder on your games than I do right now and I hope you make that game that makes a million downloads soon so you can go full time as an indie developer (or you make the next minecraft and get bought by Microsoft for $2.5 billion!!!!)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good luck with your games, you obviously work much harder on your games than I do right now and I hope you make that game that makes a million downloads soon so you can go full time as an indie developer (or you make the next minecraft and get bought by Microsoft for $2.5 billion!!!!)

thank you @andymc, i wish the same to you and every b4x member. :)

Last edited:

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
The graphics are awesome! Did you make it by yourself or hire someone to do it for you?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought them, you have lot of websites where you can buy sprites for small money and use in your apps. Price can get much higher if you plan to sell your apps (if you offer your apps for free price could be between 5-10$ if you sell 70-120$)

cambopad

Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought them, you have lot of websites where you can buy sprites for small money and use in your apps. Price can get much higher if you plan to sell your apps (if you offer your apps for free price could be between 5-10$ if you sell 70-120$)
Can you recommend me some good websites according to your experiences?
Can we use those bought image in our free apps with ads on it?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use them in my free apps that include ads, they say only for products that the costumer is charged for you need the paid license.

I buy my sprites from graphicriver but you have also others just google a little.

But you need to know that everybody can buy so there is a big chance to have more then 1 game in the market with the same sprites. So better buy tilesets where you build your own levels...

Have also a look at this:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...r-free-free-sound-graphic-soft.42284/#content

I can tell you that i spent about 200$ on sprites and had not get my money back from those games so dont go crazy ;) its not black friday yet...