Android Tutorial Google has made a site for Android UI design guidelines

COBRASoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is very, very interesting. I'm just not sure wetter this is all possible with B4A at this moment. E.g. the glow stuff and the drag & drop for placing icons. I'm mostly a developer, not a graphical designer of the highest level.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Finally they have done it! A styleguide for Android which Apple has for iOS since the beginning.

The link to the Page should be pinned here somewhere in the forum.

Another thing is that B4A should get support for many of the new features like fragments and action bars in the future so it is easier to write good looking apps for phones and tablets.

Hennell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just saw this on reddit, and wondered if it had been posted here; it's a really interesting style guide, but I'm not sure how much is 'out the box styling' (i.e. elements look as they say by default) vs setting specific rules, and curious as to how much is possible within basic4android (Or rather if anything isn't).

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but I'm not sure how much is 'out the box styling' (i.e. elements look as they say by default) vs setting specific rules, and curious as to how much is possible within basic4android (Or rather if anything isn't).

The most things should be possible with B4a.

I just started a new library that implements the ViewPager with a page indicator like in the market or in the G+ app. With this it will be possible to create the scrollable tabs.

Action bars should be possible with an additional library, too.