Android Question Tiles based dashboard UI

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI guys,
I think this has been asked before but I was not able to get too much guidance.
The idea would be to design a UI based on squared tiles (a couple of tiles per rows), scrollable. ideally each tile would be configured with a layout with few view (a couple of buttons, labels maybe a gauge..simple stuff). each tile should be able to get events in the code for pressing buttons and code should be able to update the labels and the gauge in the tiles.
if it was one tile per row I would go for a custom list view easily. also having two single custom list view one close to the other I don't like as scrolling would not be fluid (I made a test and I did not like it).
What would be the suggested view to use? Any example available?
thank you all for any suggestion.

epiCode

Licensed User
check this example with images on how scroll view and image view are used similar to what you are looking for...

you can use panel instead of images as your holder for your layouts

Upvote 1

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
?

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
take a look at this it will give you an idea of how to load layouts or classes in your panels or grids

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
for b4a windows

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you need help, please post a drawing of your design and we can help you here on the forum.

right now i am working on desktop layout for jserver web.

I already developed above dashboard for B4X.

Upvote 1

giggetto71

Licensed User
Longtime User
@TILogistic I finally had some time to go through your suggestions and I probably need some further guidance...
As you suggested, I am posting a sketch of the layout I am trying to implement. basically I would need to load few types of tiles (each defined as a different bal files to be loaded). the tiles should be added at run time, the layout should be scrollable and I should be able at run time to get/set individual tiles's objects.
thank you very much for any help.

1667037857382.png

Upvote 0