Android Question Google Licensing Library Crashing SDK 30

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
A mature application recently recompiled with Android Target SDK 30 now crashes on open with the following error message. It appears to relate to the licensing Library (v1.21)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 1

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
To clarify.... This application has previously been tested and updated to the Play store successfully a couple of months ago as MinSDK=4 TargetSDK=30 (required)

There are no calls to the usual culprits of ExternalStorage etc and permissions are only com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE and android.permission.INTERNET.

Now it has started crashing with the error above.

Upvote 0

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have carefully been through the code but I see no reference to the SDK-30 issues mentioned in the posts above. Given that this app has already been compiled a few months ago with the same SDK without any coding changes it seems rather unlikely that any of these issues apply. I note from the code history that there have been SDK issues with this Library function before.... I needed to add this to the manifest before to fix a crash issue.
B4X:
AddApplicationText(
<uses-library
      android:name="org.apache.http.legacy"
      android:required="false" />)
Reluctantly I have removed the library and associated code and the issue has been resolved. I must now put my trust in the security provided by the Play Store!

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…