Android Question Google Maps and Navigation

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, so the new and improved Google Maps is here and I've got it working, which is great.

I store a few long and lats and then pump this in to a Map and hey presto it shows a map, on request for a race circuit which the User was looking at. So far so good...

But, previously on Google Maps I called the intent and used navigation to start navigation from your current location to the circuit. Do I just use the same intent code as before or is there a 'new' way to use Google Maps and get it to start with Navigation..? Actually I might just have answered my own question - I'll have to delve in to the myriad of google-play-services now on offer... hmmm...

Meanwhile if anyone has gone down this route please share or point me in the right direction if someone has already been through this pain.

MTIA

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Reactions: eps
Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So.... the navigation 'icon' only displays once a User clicks a marker. I'd rather display the icon straight off the bat, which is possible through setting the map in LiteMode... I'll keep on looking, it is possible (I think) to set it in the Manifest File.. which should be okay but might not be ideal.

Upvote 0