iOS Question Google Mobile Ads Framework

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am using local mac builder. I have a problem, after framework version 7.4.2 ( the current is 7.5.0) we have to add:

#PlistExtra:<key>GADIsAdManagerApp</key><true/>

or we get an error on startup and app crashes. I have added the 7.5.0 to my libs folder and I can compile my app but banner ads are not showing in both of my test devices ( one of them is added as test device, other one is completely different device with different apple account ).

Debug mode shows error code1 for banner ads but that is not posible, banners ads are alwys filled with 99.9 % percentage fill. (also If i install the store version again, I can see the banner ads)

(by the way what is the version of framework hosted builders are working without propblem ? )

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use this code to check the SDK Version:
B4X:
Dim no As NativeObject
no.Initialize("GADRequest")
Log(no.RunMethod("sdkVersion", Null).AsString)

I've tested it with 7.50.0 and I do see ads.
Interesting. I can see interstitial but I can't see banner ads with 7.50.0. I will check once more and get back.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do see banner ads. Worth testing on a different device. There were similar reports in B4A where it happened because Google treated the device as a development device and avoided showing ads.
Maybe that is the case, I am not sure, I always still get :
PREMIUM BANNER ERROR:Error Domain=com.google.admob Code=1 "Request Error: No ad to show." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Request Error: No ad to show.}

I tried ona a different device but same. If I ınstall the store version from the store I see the ads from the old version. What I am afraid is if everyone does not see the baner ads. I think there is no way to test it on ios without publishing it store ?

Upvote 0