Android Question Google Play App Signing trouble

LA3QMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
For some reason google play is not accepting my apk anymore.

So then i have been trying the following:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-play-app-signing.91703/#content

This fails at step #1:

C:\jdk\bin\java.exe -jar pepk.jar
--keystore=C:\Users\LA3QMA_Development\b4x\LA3QMA_Android_Key.keystore
--alias=b4a --output=LA3QMA_Android_Key3.keystore
--encryptionkey=XX:XX:XXetc

I guess the --encryptionkey is the SHA-256 certificate fingerprint under "App signing" at Google Play?

The results trying this:
I'm asked to enter the password for LA3QMA_Android_Key.keystore and it's accepting it.
Then it asks for the "b4a" password wich i dont't have.

Enter password for store 'LA3QMA_Android_Key.keystore':
Enter password for key 'b4a':
Error: Unable to export or encrypt the private key
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
at
java.base/sun.security.provider.KeyProtector.recover(KeyProtector.java:322)
at
java.base/sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineGetKey(JavaKeyStore.java:147)
at
java.base/sun.security.util.KeyStoreDelegator.engineGetKey(KeyStoreDelegator.java:90)
at java.base/java.security.KeyStore.getKey(KeyStore.java:1057)
at
com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.KeystoreHelper.extractPrivateKey(KeystoreHelper.java:63)
at
com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.KeystoreHelper.getPrivateKey(KeystoreHelper.java:35)
at
com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.run(ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.java:167)
at
com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.main(ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.java:130)

Please advice...

LA3QMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last time i published was 11 september 2020.
Now when i'm logging in to the dashboard at google play it's a new design.

When i go to "Create production release" i get this message "Google is managing your app signing key"
Trying to upload the apk i get a message like: "You have uploaded an APK or Android app collection that is signed with a key that is also used to sign APKs that are delivered to users. Since you are registered for Google Play app signing, you will need to sign the APK or Android app collection with a new key before uploading it."

And then i'm stuck.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm asked to enter the password for LA3QMA_Android_Key.keystore and it's accepting it.
Then it asks for the "b4a" password wich i dont't have.
It should be the same password. Maybe you are entering the wrong password. Make a test and enter a different password and see if the result is different.

Upvote 0

LA3QMA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Was a typo in my encryption key sorry for that. Was a non printable character.
Have asked google if they can reverse this method on my account.
If not i just have to follow the rest of the guide you have posted regarding Google Signing "feature".

Upvote 0